Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Never been Alanya myself, but how could you turn down Marmaris :shock: lol
Well i hope it all works out for you :)
I was in Alanya last year in August for 2 weeks and i really enjoyed it. We didn't have any problems at all.

There are lots of Dutch,German,Swedish nationalities aswell as British.

I would go back again sometime.

The bars and restaurants round by the harbour are quite expensive though.

Go..and enjoy i am sure you will!!!!
I have lived in turkey for 11 years and have visited a lot of the resort. liked most of them but want to live no where else but Alanya.
Alanya is a much larger resort than Marmaris Bodrum or Kuşadası. Entertainment is plentiful both Beach and Mountain. We have numerous night clubs and discos and restaurants for every taste and pocket.
Do try
The castle - eat the gozleme there
Dim Ã"¡ay valley - try the trout
Msot discos are at the harbour Robin Hood bar Bistro bellmen being very popular but do watch teh prices. A they do not get going till around 12 I suggest you drink in the restaurant off the main street where it will be cheaper and then head to the discos.
Depending where you are staying Dolmuş transport is cheap and runs till late. Taxis are plentiful but take from a rank not of the street. All have meters.
Auditorium disco goes on till early morning free transfer there BUT you have to pay to get back.. it is quite a walk.
There are plenty shops and bazaars for those who like to shop!!
There are boat tours, diving trips jeep safaris etc all that you would expect to find in a holiday resort.
Plenty to go see and explore for yourself as well - the roads are good and the views fantastic...

Have a great holiday...
Hi Laura, Which hotel are you staying at next week? i hope you write a review when you return,it will be our first time in Alanya the end of July,we usually go to Marmaris, but I am looking forward to it. the Alanya forum on tripadvisor is worth a readthrough.

Hi also to Alanya, thanks for all that info, we fancy the dim cay river, and the trout sounds good.My teenage girls want to try whitewater rafting is that far.Also what day is the market on. Thanks Maggie
We're staying at the Ergun hotel.

Thanks for all the info! One more question, what's the beach like??
Laura

it was the Ergun hotel my friends stayed in last year when we met up with them in Alanya, it was their 3rd time styaing in that hotel,they love it,right in the centre of things. We always ended up sitting on the roof terrace there at night time,the staff we lovely. And fantastic views can be seen from up there too.

There's a waterpark about a 15 min walk from the Ergun which is a really good day out.

I'm sure you will really enjoy it.
Check out our reviews for the Ergun HERE :)
Kath HT Admin
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.