Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hinx01

Great news after some of the more negative posts recently.

Wilson :wink:
We are marmaris lovers as well, have been 3 times so far and plan to go back again next year, we were there this year in August for a week, stayed at the Selen Apartments (booked through Mr Toohey) and we were made to feel like one of the family. We were hassled in the bazaar area and lasted 5 mins at the market, but we coped and the warm greetings and friendly banter we received in alot of the bars more than made up for this, in fact 3 times were were given a lift home by owners of some of the bars, one of the being the Piccadilly on the main drag.

Polly
Glad to hear more Marmaris lovers here!

wgipk.
Me too. Came back from a fantastic week at the Greenpark.Glad you had a good time.
Glad you enjoyed your holiday club julian is a lovely hotel/apartment complex,we stayed there a few years back.Great to hear more positive points now,lets hope 1st timers read this and feel reassured about their holiday to turkey 8)
after visiting marmaris 14 times now, i can honestly say it is the best place in the world for me, and i have been to many places in europe and the caribbean, what draws me back time after time are the people, we are always made to feeel welcome and at home here, being a regular visitor we have made many turkish friends, and i mean true friends, not just the usual lip service.

the hassle is no problem, i always try to be polite and just a simple no is sufficient.i also understand that there is a living to be made and all the income comes in the holiday season.

the hotel club julian is a fantastic place, i have never stayed there, but have visited many times as my son was there head chef there some years ago.

this year i made the fatal mistake of trying gumbet, the place itself was ok, but the hotel, the royal palm area ( see hotel review) was horrendous.
we tried to get a ferry to marmaris, but they had stopped for the season, the only consolation was i had visited marmaris earlier in the year so at least i had one good holiday,

i think my best hotel in marmaris must be the serin, and apartments definately the excelsior.

all i can do now is wait for my next trip to marmaris next june, something to look forward to over the winter months.

regards

marnie xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.