Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi drumbear,sounds like you had a lovely holiday,i really enjoyed your trip report,like you kimfaa is our favourite restaurant,we always go up to Ashwem,but think we`ll give mandrem a try this time,only 3 more days for us.
Great report Drumbear, you would be better trying Candolim next time for sure!!!!!

Maybe we will see you at one of the next meet ups ????

Mike
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2011-02-06 11:11:57
    edit to change to lowercase
Can I just add a word of warning for anyone using Ashwem beach at the point just north of Paradise shack, on the other side of the big outcrop of rocks. Be very carefull when going out in the sea, there is a very strong undertow pulling you down and southwards towards said rocks.

After struggling a bit to get back ashore, I was sitting getting my breath back watching the lifegaurds towing a guy behind a skidoo on a lifebelt who looked completely knackered.

One of the young guys at the shack behind this point called Andrew told me that people can get in trouble due to the river running underneath the waves so

Be Carefull

Regards,

drumbear :think
Mike,

I know the place you meet at on the beach road and will definately call in next visit, and though getting on a bit now would be happy to spray some passes about for you (if you agree to play your games at veterans pace :tongue )

Really liked Candolim and liked the look of the Horizon Apts bottom end of the resort, Thomas the cook did me a lovely full brekky when I called in to have a look one fine and sunny morning .

ps Rangers just got pen against the sellic and goalie sent off 2-1 Gers after 40 mins Happy Days :tup
Thanks Debs,

As above take care on Ashwem beach and yes I so envy you, I usually start my involuntary dancing about a week before, I first did Goa in 91 and it took me till this year to return, now realise I have been missing out for a decade.

Happy Hols

drumbear
Thanks for the report drumbear. Really enjoyed reading it. :tup
Fantastic report Drumbear so glad you had to hear you had a good holiday.
I like Laurencio's shack in Candolim, you should give it a try if you return. Bono's is good too but its very expensive, and theyve tried to rip us off once or twice with our bill, so I wont go back there.

PS. Pity the result didnt stay at 2-1 today :que a replay and we will need to up the ante a bit - not good enough today I am afraid and a waste of £40!!!!
Thanks for the advice Gemma, when returning I will certainly try that shack, the only thing with Bonos was them charging for the sunbed, but there were some really nice folks alongside and 100r here or there is not a big deal when you are only having a couple of weeks, and the wc really was better than my hotel.

Got to say that I felt very " at ease " in Candolim, the atmosphere just seemed right.

As for the game today, dont fret over the replay, In Walter We Trust and class always wins in the end. Thats winning well but also if we do get beat, we can do it with some dignity. No one to blame but ourselves.
They have a good side at the moment, and it has cost them a right few quid, if you take into account what our club is achieving with little or no funds, and with the White takeover imminent the future looks bright and blue, red and white.

WATP

drumbear :thanks
Nice post Drumbear :D

Laurencio's shack also has fantastic toilets, just the same as Bono's so I am sure you will like it there too. (its only about 2 shacks along from Bono's)

Our first day in Goa is 20th March and its the CIS Cup Final day. Not sure if we will get to see it tho but fingers crossed.
happy days goals 2-2 sending off 1-1 :rofl

you are on for the football game, they are all played at veteran level as me and Mike biddles play lol

look forward to seeing you at the meets next year.

Mike
We went to spice plantation and loved it! Good report too :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.