Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Goldilocks,

Most of the shacks have someone in there ranks who will do massage, the oil is normally natural oils so as long as you re apply sun lotions you should be fine, they will put a umbrella shade up whilst they do it. I personally prefer to have a massage after I have finished on the beach, great as a chill out and puts some oil back in the skin after all that sun.

try an Ayuverdic full body massage (as long as you aren't too modest)

Mids
i had a massage done in january and he uses sun tan oil instead of normal massage stuff makes sense though
Fabby thanks guys!

Good point about getting it done after a day on the beach, are the massages cheap?? If so we'll have one everyday!
think i just gave him 500rps
A word of warning though re masages. My friend had a massage from a very nice beach guy and the next morning she couldnt move her back had gone. She spent the remainder of her holiday in bed in agony with a trapped nerve. The doctor we spoke to said he was 99.% sure this was a direct result of the massage. I dont want to scare anyone as im a great fan of massage and have enjoyed many while in goa but you do take a chance with beach massuers.
There is a Ayuverdic massage palour at the top of Tito's Road in Baga which was the real deal. Not if your shy had a bit of a fight with them to cover my bits. Think they are used to the German's just wipping everything off!
We had one at another place before the beach which I think they were making up as they went along! and I burnt and looked like a beatroot for 2 days! even though I put cream on after, and i don't nornally burn.
So definatly have one after the beach only problem is your too chilled out to do anything.
(bliss 6 weeks and counting)
Goto bobbys shack on candolim beach ask for either raju or sanjay, raju actually teaches the ayuverdic message lessons at the local college.

Full massage lasting around an hour will cost around 350 rupees you can use your own lotion or he will use coconut oil its upto you.

Also if you tell him to take it easy on you or leave your feet alone etc he will do with no problems.

Regards

Peter
i had one done by sanjay but at claudina's if same guy he has been there about 12 years . my back was very sore for a couple of days he ran his fist or elbow up and down my spine with a lot of force lets just say he was nearly horizontal not me ! apart from that it was good but never again
Hi
I've been to quite a few places where masseurs walk up and down the beach offering massages (Goa, Thai beaches, Bali).

I've never had one done as, like Rogueslayer21 says, lack of training could result in injury/damage.
When we were in Candolim in November 2004, a chap on a sunbed near us had one and complained of a bad back for the rest of his holiday.

If someone walked up to you in the street in the UK, carrying a small towel and bottle of oil and asked if you wanted a massage, you'd probably say 'No' - wouldn't you?
goingoingoa

dunno if its the same lad as sanjay is only about 21-25

http://www.peterferguson.nildram.co.uk/bobby%20and%20his%20lads%20getting%20stuck%20in.JPG

Sanjay is the lad at the back in the yellow shirt and raju is the guy at the front with his thumb up.

Regards

Peter
not same guy mrstella
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.