Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Has anyone stayed in this accomadation? do you think the staff were friendly? and has anyone any details and views on the acommadation provided here?
going there myself in august - read some good reviews - walked past it last year - looks OK

be interested in more views though!
Hi everyone :wave

Could anybody give me any general information, location, facilities etc on the Maxwell Club Apartments in Marmaris. It is for a friend of mine who is a first timer to Turkey, I have given her all the general information about Marmaris and she is looking forward to going but a bit apprehensive as she knows nothing about the apartments. I would really appreciate any comments then I can pass them on to her.
Thanks in advance.

Jackie :pele
we're also going there in august

it's just behind the football ground (the all weather one) and near the hospital not far at all from the beach

have fun!

tracey
:wave
Hi, We stayed in the Maxwell club apts last October for a week. It was really nice and we had a great time. The complex is quite small, but has a good pool (deep all over) with a water slide, and a very small kids pool. There are sunbeds, but not all get the sun all day, so get up a bit earlier to get the best position!
There is a good 'Pool Bar' open all day and night till late. There is also a small restaurant, we had a very good breakfast there a couple of mornings and they serve snacks and meals all day/evening, with the usual 'Turkish Night' once a week.
There is a small, well stocked Tukish supermarket ajoining the front reception, with all that you need for self-catering, water, milk and daily fresh bread etc. The guy in there was very friendly and helpful. There are numerous other shops, cafes and restaurants near by. It is only a 5 minute walk to the main area and beach front prom. with 100's of bars, restaurants etc. Also the large new GIMA shopping comlex is just across the main road.
We had a pool view, one bedroomed apt on the 2nd floor, in the main block...the only block with a lift! The apt. was clean, basic but nicely furnished and well equiped, AND with the added bonus of FREE air conditioning in both the living room and bedroom - you need to get a remote control 'key' from reception. Shower/toilet was clean with daily towel change.
Overall the Maxwell was excellent value for money, (we went via Direct Holidays) and although set slightly back from Marmaris "Front", is still in a good position for all the action etc, yet fairly quiet late at night.
Don't forget to try a Turkish Bath, we go to the one at the PASA BAY Hotel, bookable from the guys on the main street, with free mini bus pickups.
If you need further info, just let me know....Have a great time!
:lol:
Hi

:lol:

thanks for your replies, they are very very much appreciated. Hope you all have a good holiday :fly

jackie

Hi again, Please see link to info/pics of Maxwell Apts.
(sorry, but it's a Dutch site...I thnk), but the pics are very representative, as we stayed there last Oct.

http://www.travelcity.neckermann-reizen.nl/asp/ObjectDetailPage.asp?nObjectID=7712" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" class="break-word">http://www.travelcity.neckermann-reizen.nl/index.asp?sUrl=http://www.travelcity.neckermann-reizen.nl/asp/ObjectDetailPage.asp?nObjectID=7712
they have their own site also

http://www.maxwell-club.com

tracey
hi . im off to the maxwell holiday club for a week with the wife and kids .
on 8 june 07 .
has anyone stayed at the maxwell this season .
if so whats it like .the reviwe sites are quite positive over the past few years.

any help would be grate
thanks
we have booked our son,a last minute honeymoon,at these apartments.they fly this evening,but have a private transfer.i have been looking for an address,for them,in case the transfer driver,doesn't know where they are located.
can anyone help,as they land at 1 a.m,i don't want them,to be driving round,trying to find them & not being able too.
will the transfer,take them to the door?
the transfer company,was recommended on here,thanks in advance tracy
I think this is the address and phone number.
Org. Mustafa Muğlalı Cad. No:58 +902524126304
as long as the transfer company are fron Marmaris there shouldnt be any problem finding the apartments

Paul
thank you paul!
was just worried,because of the time they land.phoned the transfer company,to put my mind at rest,everything is fine,thank goodness!
it was transferonly.com,they were really friendly.
thank you again
tracy
I have just received a letter from Mytravel informing me that there is now a charge for Air Con at these apartments. As this is now going to add another £40 - £50 I'm a bit miffed. Has anyone else stayed there this year and had to pay for their air con? I was wondering if the charge has applied to all of this season or just been bought in due to Marmaris getting rather hot all of a sudden.Only a week to go and I still haven't received any tickets either,getting a bit worried now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.