Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Violet.It will apply to all Turkish Airports shortly.Antalya is the testing ground.However they are now taking liquids from you at the first security check.Not sure if this will be permanent but happened to us a couple of weeks ago.Once you get inside it's cheaper to buy your drinks from Duty Free.If they take your liquids inside the airport then they should take your duty free which of course they would not.I'm afraid it's at the first security check now.

Ian
Rik we just got back from Antalya on Sunday evening and we could have taken drinks through at the first security scanner We had about a third of a bottle of water and was going to discard it but the rep said it was fine to take with us and lots of people had bottles of drinks! I had packed my duty free in the cases because i had heard you coud not take anything over 100mls through! i had 2 miniture size bottles of whisky in my see through bag amd they let me keep them!
hiya, yes this was meant to come into force last month but for some reason (i cant mind now) it was held back a month and is meant to start from tomorrow 22 april 2009......pain in the arse really but what to do!
Hi Violet.Maybe it was a knee jerk reaction when we went through because it was new.aam, yes you are right but it is operating now I understand.I will be going to North Cyprus from Antalya June and Russia should be interesting. I will post about Antalya Airport and drinks.

Ian
Hi yes it is a pain in the you know where!
Will have to see if they implement it!
If like when we went through the airport on sunday they only check properly at the second scanners that would be okay! They were actively searching bags more than when we have gone through before! We went at xmas and they were more relaxed !
Does anyone know if they have a VIP lounge at Antalya (as they have at Dalaman) Not used it but apparently you get buffet food and unlimited soft drinks and coffees for about £15.
Yes they do have a VIP Lounge at Antalya.It's called C.I.P and you can see the signs once you go through the airport enterence.Think it costs a bit more than 15 quid.However if you are holder of a priority pass card you can use the lounge in Terminal one.Once you have got through Passport Control and into departure longe then you will see some stairs at the side of a Pızza place.It's up there.Don't know if they have one in Terminal two as we very rarely fly from there.If you look at www.ıcfairports.com you should find all the details there.

Ian
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.