Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Neil

This thread from the Hotel Reviews section of this forum may give you some idea of the place although the last hotel review was in August 2010: http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/cyprus/paphos/mayfair-hotel-and-apartments/

The Mayfair is midway between the harbour area and the old town of Papos. It's probably closer to the Tombs of the Kings road than the harbour so you will have to allow for time and ways to get into the main "tourist" part of the resort.

I've only eaten there on one occasion (about 9yrs ago) and don't recall what the dress code was.

However, if it's classed as a 4 "star, tick, sun" hotel rating (or whatever your tour operator chooses to allocate as its' class system) then you would be expected to wear long trousers in the restaurant for the evening meal. Doesn't mean you have to stay in them all night though ;) Most hotels don't expect their guests (men particularly) to turn up for dinner in shorts and a vest top...

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Thanks Shell

Luckily I do not own any vests however do have linen trousers :)

Do you know if there are any ATM machines near by?

Thanks

Neil
We have stayed at the Mayfair twice and will go back again. Never have a problem with anything and the staff are wonderful. As a lady of 'mature years' I was always looked after if I was by the pool or reading in the gardens when 'Sir' went for his afternoon nap.

We usually went out for walks in the morning so did not spend much time in the hotel during the day but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

In the evening it is supposed to be long trousers in the restaurant but you do get the occasional guy wearing 'long shorts' - there have been the odd time when they have been asked to change if the shorts are too short but linen trousers would be perfect.

The hotel is within walking distance (if it is not too hot) of the Tomb of the Kings, the Market and museums and, also, the harbour and archaeological sites. Approx. 2km to each but the town is up a steep hill so be warned.
Thanks Shell

Luckily I do not own any vests however do have linen trousers :)
Do you know if there are any ATM machines near by?

Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil

I think the linen look will be just fine :cheers

I can't place an ATM in the immediate vicinity but I know if you head up the hill towards the old town, there's a bank on the right hand side of the road at the traffic lights. There may be another if you turn to the left towards Marks and Spencers and Tea For Two (near the Agapinor Hotel).

We don't go to Paphos too often!

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Hi folks,

Does anyone know if their is a new email address for the Mayfair Hotel? the one on the website appears to be not working, either that or they can't be ar*%d replying. I know how laid back Cyprus can be but it has been a while now..........

Thanks
Neil
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.