Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I have booked for October this year. The initial 'thank you for visiting Meldi Hotel' is just an automated reponse.
I emailed my request and they replied with a choice of rooms available. I chose a room and gave them my flight details (airport transfer included for 7 night stay) and then received a confirmation email. Payment is made in resort.
This will be my first visit to Kalkan. The Meldi Hotel looks really nice, and has some great reviews.
Any info on the hotel would be appreciated.
Thank you.
They have a website at http://www.meldihotel.com/

We are going back for our 4th stay in September and cannot praise this hotel and the staff high enough. It's not the most plush hotel in town but the staff are fantastic and it has a great pool area. It's also a nice stroll into town and not too far out to need a taxi back again. The hotel is well run and kept spotlessly clean by the staff. Their lunches and evening menu are also worth trying. It's a testament to the staff that most of the guests that stay there have been many times before.

The other bonus is that the room rate for 7 days or more includes return transfers to Dalaman airport.

You may also want to check out the hotel reviews on the Kalkan forum of Tripadvisor.
Many thanks for the quick replies. I was last there 7 years ago and loved it. We had a garden view room which was nice and cool. We was there with London postal workers and took over the whole hotel and was HB.

The staff were great especially Yousef who, I believe still works there. The owner was really friendly and used to join us in the pool.

Would love to go back this year if there are any vacancies.

Barbara
BarbH

Yousef is no longer there (he left at the end of last season and, amongst other things, works in the Olive Garden restaurant) but Sahap the owner regularly visits and mixes with the guests. The hotel now offers B&B.

September and October a fairly busy so i'd get in quick if you can!
Hello Taxman,

Thanks for that. I have got in touch with the hotel, apparently she had been trying to contact me. This afternoon have been out pricing flights up for end September. Just waiting to hear from the hotel the exact dates available.

Shame that Yousef has gone, he has worked there for a long time.

The hotel did HB especially for us when we were there as we had the place to ourselves, so everyone of us ate there. They only did BB normsally/

Will let you know the outcome.

Barb
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.