We have booked this hotel for May 2011 (booked on the basis that it's adults only). Having read a few reviews on TA it now states that this hotel is no longer adults only and families are now being allowed.

After visiting our Travel Agent yesterday to book another holiday I picked up the latest edition of the Thomas Cook brochure and it clearly states that this hotel is now for families and no mention of adults only. I briefly asked the agent if this was a significant change in the holiday that the tour operator should contact us about and she said Yes it was. The issue is that Thomas Cook havent informed us and haven't updated the travel agent either.

It isnt such a big issue but it just annoys me that these companies take your money and can't even be bothered to update you when things change.

When we booked the holiday we wanted to stay in the Melia Las Dunas (family hotel) but there were no rooms available so we chose the melia santa maria instead, i am wondering whether this is a reason for changing the format as they weren't getting sufficient couples booking the santa maria and decided to open it up as to not lose customers. Thomas Cook have the majority on this island so need to be as flexible as possible.

We will see if we get any update from them once the final payment has been made at the end of January. :cheers