Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Never been in September so can't be accurate on the weather, but it will be very warm.
Tunisians are great with children, so I don't think the "bump" will be a problem, maybe a talking point, don't worry, Tunisians are human beings, ha ha.
Money, yes good idea, ATM's are all around, it might ba a good idea to inform your bank that you are going, my bank stopped mine earlier this year for "Uncharachteristic" use. Take the international bank telephone number with you just in case, in my experience no bank is the "Listening Bank", or if they listen they don't write it down.
K
Click here for weather
On the left choose the town nearest to your resort.

Hey don't be shy, fill in your profile!
Hi Davied - as Kevin says, September will be hot - ATM's are excellent and all over the place and so are pregnant ladies, so don't worry about that. Sorry, but cannot help on the hotel, but someone on HT is sure to be able to give you some info. Have you looked in the Hotel Review section on HT - it is pretty comprehensive. Have a wonderful holiday - :sun2 Jenny x
Sorry I can't do neat links like Kevin, but I've always used this site for the weather and found it fairly accurate.
http://www.accuweather.com/world-index-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&loccode=AFR|TN|TS000|HAMMAMET

Hope you have a lovely holiday and look forward to reading your report when you get back. :sun2
Hi Davied, can't give no info on hotel, but will advise as kevinrbeech as , do inform your bank that you are going away, we met a young couple recently on our holiday a few weeks back, they got money out of a ATM machine once, and when they tried again a few days later, they could not take any out (the lads wages had gone into his account, so he knew he had money in there) they tried quite a lot of ATM's and not one would allow them any money, his card was refused at duty free to, at the airport.
We got back on Monday and the weather had started to go cooler, but was still hot :sun2
Hope you have a good time.

Roo
Weather at the moment is hot, hot, hot. It feels hotter than August. I have been told that it will cool down over the next week which I'm really happy about! It has been rather unbearable!

Staff at Flora Park are really friendly. Previous guests that have stayed there have all enjoyed it. Not heard of any complaints. Hope you have good holiday.
We had the same problems with ATM's this year, we have online banking so we bought a net card and checked everything with the bank, Money was in no overspends no unauthorized withdrawals etc, so i contacted them told them very briefly that i was in Tunisia and that i was at a pay phone and could they be quick with finding out what was wrong.

After 10 seconds a manager was on the line saying that a high amount of money had gone out of my account (wow around £500) and my card was being used in an "Arab" country so they had put a stop on it :que

After explaining "I'M ON HOLIDAY" and i did buy xxx£'s of traverllers checks only the week before could they not of worked this out for themselves, after 10-20 secs more he promised me that my card would be working within 10 minutes and was sorry for any upset which had been caused.

I use Natwest they have telephoning banking and Online banking which helps alot when these problems happen, the bank also mention that i used the same computer to log in that i had the year before and was using the same atms that i had used the year before, yet they couldn't work out i was on holiday, sometimes i think a little common sense needs applying.

In all it took 3Dinars phone call to sort out but it might be wise telling these silly banks where your going so they don't keep doing this.
You were very lucky that you actually got to speak to Nat West so quickly Ormmoth. One year I lost my cards in Tunisia and Co-op Bank were a nightmare, as I was left hanging on for simply ages quite a few times whilst trying to sort it out on my mobile. Barclays on the other hand were excellent, ringing me back immediately and arranging for me to pick up money at Western Union, which I was able to do within a couple of hours. I always inform my bank when I'm going to be away to prevent problems.
Hi Ormmoth, I am with Aslemma there. Although Nationwide does not require customers using their cards to let them know if they are going on holiday, I always do. I am away for 6 months every winter and would really be in trouble if I had no access to cash. They always reply to my message with the advice that notification is not required, but I feel better for breaking the rules in this case. All best - Jenny v
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.