America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Hasn't closed down, it's a residential property that has been selling 'short term leases' to holidaymakers which I don't think it was licenced to do. They have citations from the local court so they have stopped taking all short term bookings (ie holidaymakers).

Wasn't someone from this forum going out there soon? :think

TC
Just a thought but I looked this place up a few times and managed to find a good rate on expedia but I ended up booking MGM. I've looked back since and was considering it for next year as we're going in a group, so suites might have been a better option. Every time I went on the Meridian website it said they weren't taking bookings. This is in the last several weeks! It is still like that. I wonder if they've known for longer than they're letting on, alhtough I suppose they may have had to prioritise the booking changes with the ones that were arriving soonest?
i think they have known longer, i booked this in may and regularly checked back to see how the price was changing, i think sometime june / july the website had stopped taking bookings i presumed it was fully booked :duh
Not sure they knew that long ago as the receptionist and the rest of the staff were just starting to pack their things away as they no longer had jobs. This was on the 28th August. It did look much more residential than "hotel" so that explanation certainly makes sense. I would say that if like us you are happy with the change (we certainly couldn't afford Trump International usually!) all is good but if you are moved to somewhere a long distance from the Strip, or somewhere less nice then you should try for compensation.

For future reference we booked with GTA Hotels, I would not use them again as they have never bothered to inform us about the problem with the Meridian. Next time it could turn out to be really awkward. Expedia seem to have got it right though.
It's a shame about the Meridian - we stayed for 4 nights in June and thought it was super, apartments are exactly as seen on website and housekeeping was excellent.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.