Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
metro
5 Posts
Hi,
Yes Metro is located on the outskirts of Bourgas, it is a big hypermarket and sells everything. To shop here you do need a special store card, as a tourist they may issue you with a day pass but please check before entering.

Celiajan
I believe it's the same company as Makro.

If you have a Makro card then you can get in as my parents used it when they bought the crockery & furnishings for their apartment.
Hi Clare

I went to the one at Burgas on a shopping trip booked in resort,you go to the Metro and then on to Burgas and finally stop at the gypsy market on the way back.The problem with that is you dont get a lot of time to look around,so we took a taxi the next time we went.

You have to take your passport with you so they can check your identity and they issue you with a day pass.

It might be different now as this was two year ago.

Basil.
Hi

The metro in burgas can still be accessed on a day pass, I would suggest though finding a taxi driver that doesn't really rip you off too much as some times they can charge you 30 lev's or there abouts as they think they can make money off the tourists.

Metro has a website that you can access, however it doesn't let you view any of the items or prices. I would advice though if you are going to burgas why not take a shopping trip in to the shops on the main street as you can usually pick a few bargins up especially in the United Colours of Benetton Shop.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.