France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
It's taken me ages to find this again! We used this site a lot to plan journeys last time we were in Paris. If you click on the link 'form' under online route finder, then click for the English version. You can then plan your journey. I think it would probably take about an hour.

To answer your more general questions the RER is safe to use at night. there are one or two problem metro stations but in general the RER is fine. The RER is not expensive, it's fast and far more relaxing than driving through and then out of Paris.
I supose the underground is fine if you just want to get from A to B, but we didnt bother with it at all when we visited Paris at Easter. We walked everywhere instead, and saw some amazing sights.
Magster: Could you tell us which stations are the 'problem stations' please?!
Pigalle, Gare de Nord and around that general area. All fine during the day but I wouldn't walk around there at night with my children or on my own.

If there are anymore, I'm sure someone else will let us know!
Thank you!! Was planning Pigalle during the day anyway :D
We usually do it the other way around. We go to Disneyland Paris for a week or so and during that time we have a day out in Paris. The ticket from the station at Disney covers all transport. The RER and the Metro are REALLY easy to negotiate. It really is straightforward. As previously stated though Pigalle etc is an area to , not so much worry about, but be careful. We don't worry about travelling through or getting off the Metro there to go up to Monmartre for the evening.

Just enjoy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.