Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Micro sim card
9 Posts
Templates for cutting available online.

I did my wifes at Christmas after suprising her with a new4s.

Would not pick up her network and I really panicked.

I had shaved a tad too much off it and had it in the holder the wrong way round.

My relief after correcting my mistake was immense.

Be careful.

Papa
Hi Papa,

Yes cutting too much off is my concern.

I did see a very cheap option online which was basically a self adhesive template you stuck on the card and then cut around with scissors but it looks like you have to cut incredibly close to the contacts and I just know I'll get it wrong at least the first time.

The thing I've bought looks a bit like a stapler so I'm hoping its going to be fool proof. Fortunately I have some old sims at home so I can have practice before hand.

Regards

Fritz
Fritz,

Thats what I did.

Downloaded the template.

It worked but was very nervous doing it.
the elephont shop across the road from floyds shack near the magnum cuts the airtel sims down with the little press type devices.
Whats the point in a micro sim card? why do manufacturers always have to change things, the mobile phone industry have only just standardised the chargers with the micro usb plug :que
The reason is apparently because they can store more data but seeing as the only bit that matters is the metal contact bit (otherwise we couldn;t cut them down) it doesn;t really explain anything....Usually there'd be a financial reason so maybe to save raw material costs? Like when they took one side of sand paper off swan vestas but I'm clutching at straws really.

Anyway I used my stapler thing and it works perfectly but sounds like I needn't have bothered now if the elephant shop does it anyway...Not only that, it's stamped "Made in India" on the back........I will confess that did make me abit nervous about using it......At least if the Elephant shop does it and it goes wrong it'll be their fault.

Sooo...anyone want to buy a stapler thing that makes micro sims?...Only used once....
I think it so they can charge more.

Look at Tescos sim only deal they try to charge more for an iphone sim monthly than a normal data package.

Just cut ours down and now for a tenner a month have a great package.

Papa
When I wanted an o2 sim to unlock my phone they wanted paying for a micro sim too.....normal pay as you go sims are free...controlling rates by sim size...thats sneaky
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.