Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Yes they are around Bonanza. They are very popular with holiday makers and people seem to go back year after year. They are quite central although you have to walk up a steep hill to get to them. Every appartment is different as most are private rentals. Most are good, but if you are thinking of renting, ask to see photos before you book.
Thanks for that, so do you know if I book through a reservations agency like alpharooms.com, will I be allocated a private rental or are there some rooms belonging to the apartments themselves?

We normally stay at the Bali and book through Portland Direct, but have found a really good deal at the Minerva/Jupiter if we book seperate flights and accomodation and do it ourselves.
Not sure what you mean? If you have found an appartment already, just go straight to the owner. There is no need to book through an agency unless the appt. was advertised through one.

Hope this helps
Sorry, I was a bit unclear there. What I was trying to say was I need to find some accomodation, and have searched on a site called alpharooms.com, who deal with hotel rooms/apts and are advertising a studio room for the dates I require.

I have no details of an owner, but wondered if it is likely I will end up in an apartment belonging to someone else (and alpharooms are letting it on their behalf) or if they have standard rooms which belong exclusively to Minerva/Jupiter and would be like a self catering apartment you would book through a tour operator.

Sorry to seem really naive about this, but like I said before, this is the first time I have done this by myself, and want to research my choices properly before committing myself.

Thanks for your patience.
Most of the apartments in the Minerva/Jupiter are private and rented out. The apartments have just started to appear in travel brochures again. The chances are it will be that alpharooms.com are acting as an agent. Ifyou are booking during the peak times the rate is normally about £200 per week. It is cheaper out of season around £150. Hope this helps.
You could try these people: http://www.costalets.com they are based in Jupiter and rent on behalf of many owners there.

Otherwise just do a search on google. There are plenty of sites like 'Owners abroad' 'Holiday Rentals' etc. You will find some good deals, but you do need to search. Bear in mind when booking your flight that a lot of owners will only book weekend to weekend if it is in the main season.

Do you realise that a studio doesn't have a bedroom. It is usually one room that is used for the lounge/bedroom and kitchen. It's enough if you want a cheap holiday for one or two people, but otherwise you should look for a one bedroom (sleeps 4)

Alpharooms are an agent, but if you are trying it on your own for the first time, and the deal is good then try them, maybe next time you will have more confidence to go it alone :wink: I don't know anything about them though (although I have heard them mentioned on several sites)
Thanks very much guys on your help with this, I am going to go for it! The deal is such good value, we are looking at 5 days in November self catering accomodation £73 for the both of us with alpharooms, the offer is just too good to refuse! To be totally honest, I was a little worried as to why the price was so cheap!

A studio is no problem to us at all, we like going to the Bali and everything and normally go half board, but we feel like we are missing out on so many good (and reasonably priced) restaurants that it would be a crime to let this particular offer go a miss, especially when return flights only cost us £60 each.

Thanks for your help and I will let you know how I get on.
Sounds great to me! You've got nothing to lose. You already know Benalmadena, so you only need a base and it's only for 5 days, so if you don't like it, you won't have a long wait to get home LOL! Whilst you are there it will be worth asking in costalets for future studios/appartments. There are many great restaurants around and some good deals. Good luck!
Try this website http://benalmadena.homestead.com/ ,There are a few Jupiter owers on this website. I stayed there this year its a great place.
Most of them are property of British people who are living at Benalmadena (at better appartement than those of Minerva or Jupiter).

very fearly and nice at summer. very busy place.

alfredo

Madrid (and Benalmadena)
just to correct the above post, the apartments are owned by people of many nationalitys, the british are not the majority owners and no we dont all live in "better" apartments elsewhere in Benalmadena, most British owners still reside in the UK.
The apartments will all vary in style as they are all privately owned and some may be a bit dated but I defy anyone to find better maintained gardens and pool area in the area
Aguila, Iris, Hercules and Agata are the same style/vintage as Jupiter and
Minerva. Although there are many British-owned apartments, the mix
of nationalities is varied. The neighbours on both sides of our apartment
in Aguila are Spanish and the ones after that are German !

AguilaMike.
You are right,

only that i know some britton who are living in the same apartment than me and three of them, at least, are owner of minerva's apartments. That was my mistake: to generalize. I'm sorry.

Anyway i like "avenida del gamonal" apartments (minerva, jupiter, iris...)

Alfredo

Madrid (and Benalmadena).
does anyone have the web address for the sol hotels?
I have booked last minute to go to these apts.can anyone out there tell me what they are like.They look ok on the various websites.I have booked a studio for 3 people.Has anyone stayed there.Woul appreciate some feedback.

EDIT: Nola ... I have transferred your post to this existing topic, so you may well find some info in previous posts up above
David HT Mod
The apartments are nice. They are an area known as the Gamanol, near Bonanza square and a short walk uphill to Arroyo de la Miel. Friend of mine lives in Minerva
Just wondering if anyone can tell me about these apartments. Thinking of booking for next summer. Got 3 boys age 12 14 and 16. Thanks.
If anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

You'll find the Minerva Jupiter website HERE

Pippy :D
My sister and her family stayed at Minerva at beginning of May. Beautiful large pool and gardens. I have friends who live in the Minerva all year round. Great location near Bonanza square and the bars and restaurants in Gamanol area. Downhill to beach and uphill to Arroyo De La miel where Tivoli world and the cable car is.
Her boys are 15 & 13 but were a little bored as resort was still fairly quiet at that time. However, they would not hesitate to go back.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.