Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Do you have their web address as maybe we can take a look at the itinerary.
Thank you. I've looked at the web page, but this cruise is no longer showing. I can scan the brochure page but not sure how to send it to you.
Could you type the itinerary and we can take a look for you.
Day 1 Saturday - depart Southampton
Day 2 Sunday - At Sea
Day 3 Monday - Stanganger Norway
Day 4 Tuesday - Copenhagan Denmark
Day 5 Wednesday - At Sea
Day 6 Thursday - Amsterdam, Netherlands (Overnight)
Day 7 Friday - Amsterdam, Netherlands
Day 8 Saturday - Return to Southampton.
Hi
Read your post. See that you have printed the itinary but if you look at the booking invoice sent to you as well as the brochure it should show you time of arrival and departure.
Check this and see what it says. 99% of the time these details will be on the invoice.
I am booked to go on Century and the brochure does show arrival and departure times.

Sue
Is this misrepresentation please? and is there any action we can take now we are home?

Given that you did leave Amsterdam on Friday, albeit very early in the morning, it's only misrepresentation if you arrive back in Southampton any earlier than just after midnight in the early hours of Saturday morning or if RCI ever provided you with written details of an itinerary with departure times that were different to what actually transpired. I can appreciate it must have been disappointing but you did leave Amsterdam on the Friday and given the length of the journey time I'm assuming that you probably did arrive back in Southampton in the early hours of Saturday morning. In which case it did do what 'it said on the tin' and I suspect that you have little redress.

The situation is comparable to the age old one of night flights and whether it's fair for TOs to count an arrival in the early hours of the morning as your first night in resort. They can and they do and this is why it's so important to check actual arrival and departure times and not to make assumptions. TOs, and it looks like cruise companies do to, regard a day as starting on the stroke of midnight and ending at 23.59.

SM
We traveled Very slowly back to Shampton. You should have seen the sort of thing that overtook us! I'll swear someone was on a pedalol I think the TA letter stated the times, but by then we were hooked.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.