Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Missing diver
9 Posts
Is this Alan Costello? I read on a diving forum that yesterday's search was called off with no luck. After 2 days it doesn't look good.
It is always unfortunate when a diver is missing. One went missing in the Farnes at the weekend..53yr old from Nottinghamshire diving the Somali. The search was called off for him on Monday.

How terribly tragic for his family.
Does anyone know what happened with Alan - was he on an organised diving trip?
Apparantly he was in a group of 10 who had hired a boat and they were on their first dive of the holiday. They had a guide with them.
It's believed they had been exploring a wreck when they were overcome with silt and fell into trouble.

Air searches have been called off, but boats will still carry on.
OMG, how awful and how very sad.
Very sad to hear this. Tragic for the family.
Were they running througha dive school in Sharm or were they hiring the boat privately?

terrible tragedy.. I am a diver and it is always sad to hear that we have lost one of our "community". Equally, wreck diving can be dangerous and I am not so keen in going into overhead environment's purely for that very fact..things can get silted up, it leads to disorientation and you are trapped without an instant access out. I have done it before of course but am always on edge..which in itself is not good.

My heart goes out to Alan, his dive buddies and of course his family.
This is awful news and my heart goes out to his family and friends.

Karen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.