General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
you must make sure that your provider has enabled roaming on the phone.. you also must remember to edit the dialing code [ usualy 00-44 then leave off the 0 from the phone number and dial the rest]

wizard
You need to change the number in the phone book. eg ++ 44 123 4567890 . I tried using the 00 but it didn't work and was told by T-Mobile to use ++ instead. :lol:
Hello there
Those numbers you mentioned look like landlines, is it the same if you sending the text to mobiles? The prefix country numbers then the mobile number.

Dawnie-Rob
When I use mine in Cyprus to ring/text mobiles back in UK it does it automatically. I just press speed dial for the number I want. I am on O2 contract.

fwh
:D I was going to say the same!

I just text as normal, it automatically changes itself. I'm on T- Mobile.
If the number you want to text/ring is already stored in your phone there is no need to do anything regarding codes, just text/ring as normal. The obvious thing to do if you did not receive texts from someone abroad would be for the sender to check that they have 'International roaming' with their mobile phone service provider.
Hi all
We all have Vodafone. I don't know if it was because its a different network in Germany where my daughter was perhaps thats why it didn't work there. We are going to Ibiza, I understand that there is Spain Vodafone.
Dawnie-Rob
Dawn - you will still need to check with your provider that you have International romaing on your phones even if the provider abroad is Vodaphone.
When we go to the spanish isles as soon as we land i normaly get a message to welcome me to spain and my phone goes on to the spanish network MOVIESTAR we are with virgin mobile and just text and phone as normal

the fatboy
Hi all
I think when I went to Mallorca last I did get a message of some kind. Although I didn't use my mobile for calls or texting just as my alarm clock!! :) I used pay phones last year.
I will check up on the roaming with Vodafone. Mind you when you go in the shop they always make you feel inadequate if you not a young trendy and know alls like they tend to be in these phone shops. I have an older phone without all the technology and they look at it if its come out of the Ark!! :lol: But it does me at the moment, the rest of my family have the more up to date ones.

Thanks to eveyone for your help
:wave
Dawnie Rob,
I am with T Mobile and when I first got my phone I did ask if you can use it abroad, they replied yes, but I had to ring the helpdesk to get my phone activated for this.
I know how you feel re staff at shops. I've just replaced mine but I did it over the phone, less embarassment. It's great, a proper girls phone, does calories, biorythyms, it's got a pedometer, and all the other usual stuff. It's taking me ages to work out how to use the video, bluetoth and the MP3 player................I may have to go to the TMobile shop :oops: :oops:
dawn.. start by reading THIS

wizard
I 'm with vodaphone. I never had to ask them anything about texting from abroad and I have texted from Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Tenerife and other places with no problems, to the U.k.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.