Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
As they are both UK mobile phones, you will have to add 0044. The phone making the call will then be charged at the standard rate for calling UK and the phone receiving the call will be charged at the networks roaming rate. The cheapest way would be to (if the phones are unlocked) buy local sim cards and use them in your phone. Make sense??

J.
sorry but i dont agree with what you have said julian , my mobile phone certainly wasnt charged at a standard rate a few weeks ago and ive got the £350 bill to prove it grrr :cry :duh , i was charged around £1.50 a min everytime i rang my husband, calls of 1 second yes 1 second where he didnt answer were also charged at £1.50 ,absolutely disgusting , not sure if different networks charge differently, but no way do i pay £1.50 a min when using this in the uk

i had to call my hubby a few times because he was taken into hospital and i just rang by scrolling down in my mobile phonebook to his name and it rang without doing anything else
You don't need to add 0044, you can just use your phone as normal but it will cost a lot, it isn't charged at standard rate.
Ellie_meg

£1.50 a minute IS the standard rate for calling the UK from Turkey on a mobile :yikes
Minimum charge of 1 min applies on most networks too !

John
phone your network provider and ask them, before you end up with a huge bill......
sorry i misunderstood what he said i thought he meant the standard rate for calling within the uk, anyway i definitely didnt have to put 0044 infront and that included ringing my husbands mobile whilst he was in turkey and ringing a uk landline that was logged in my phone memory
Thank you for the replies.

So does this mean that whatever I do if I call "mobile to mobile" whilst we are both in Turkey it's still going to be very expensive?

Cheers.
extremely dear as i found out a few weeks ago , even got charged for calls that werent answered but dailled at £1.50 a call , the insurance company are going to pay for some of my calls but not all of them so this has left me with a huge bill all because hubby go taken into hospital grrr :cry

i would use texts much cheaper, 1 of my normal texts i get free in the uk uses 4 in turkey
To be fair you get charged in this country too for calls that arent answered. With a mobile as soon as you 'send ' the call you are charged as you are using airtme
I don't get charged for unanswered calls in the UK
nor me, not sure if this varies from network to network :think
What I cannot understand is, everyone knows how dear it is to use a mobile abroad, so why do it?.
You could easily purchase a phone card here & abroad and save money.

Lisa :duh
i had too call my hubbys phone we where both in the same place phone kept cutting out and it was expensive
if you need to get a hold off each other think the best option is to text
huge*abba*fan i can answer that, my hubby got rushed into hospital with suspected appendicitus and bowel infection, the hospital was 20 miles away from me,i was in a small none tourist resort with no transport and a child alone and not many shops, so i had to ring insurance loads, his mother to tell her what had happened and to make sure they carried on looking after our dog, ring my hubby whilst he was in hospital to find out what was happening as i was stuck 20 miles away for 3 days before i moved closer to the hospital, i didnt think to find a turkish sim card as it was an emergency situation, and i was very worried and you dont think at this point oh im going to get a high mobile phone bill, so in this situation you have no option but to use your mobile, i go to turkey about 5 times a year and never run up high bills normally, so thats why i had such a high bill this time round :yikes
I don't usually use my mobile on holiday either but once or twice I had to call my husband so I know it is expensive. It's hardly worth me buying a sim card and going to all the hassle of getting it registered for one or two calls and my old sim card had expired. It isn't as simple as getting a sim card and just putting it in your phone anymore anyway.
Hi ellie_meg.

I did see your thread about the medical problem and am now in the small Turkish resort of which you speak ;)

I think I've learned from this thread that we will be avoiding the use of mobiles except for any brief emergency calls!

Cheers.
oh wow have a great time, if you go to ramon's restaurant say hi to rama and arkan from karen, ozzy and ellie

my mother told me they have opened up a new restaurant near the deniz restaurant with a private area for sunbathing , so look forward to seeing that next year as the beach seemed to be very busy this year.

if you like steak , justine and mal do the most gorgeous steak diane sauce ive ever had , we are going to try and make it here, as ive got the recipe from her but i bet it wont turn out as good lol, they are now based at the feron hotel , they used to be in the kazan

have a great hol in akyaka, we just love it there :tup :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.