America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Try this company, they are everywhere, including Disney locations. You can rent for your visits to the park or for the entire vacation.
http://www.scootaround.com/
You might want to buy this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Passporters-Mouse-Disney-World-Cruise/dp/158771048X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1237980029&sr=1-3 which is a guide for people with disabilities.

When you say you want to be on International Drive AND near to the parks, I don't think you have grasped the scale of things. If you stay in a hotel at the north end of I Drive, you will be fairly near Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. If you stay at the south end, this is the end nearest to Disneyworld. It is also the end where Seaworld is. Will you be renting a car? If so, position is not so important. If not, then the question to investigate is whether the hotel offers a shuttle service to parks and if so, which ones? You are not going to be within walking distance, even if you were fully able. Think about staying in a Disney hotel, where the bus service will be far more frequent.
hi mehmeh1 sorry i ment to say we wanted to be at disney end no we will not be renting a car my hubby is a bus driver and therefore does not want to go on holiday and have to drive although he does not mind thanks for your reply
I would recommend anyone to have a car and with mobility problems I should have thought it would really help. The hotel shuttle buses outside Disney are not very frequent and often call at other hotels too. All the restaurants are spread out, each with their own car park along I Drive. Obviously it isn't impossible without a car, but you will be making life more difficult for yourselves. It is a driving culture there. Most visitors do rent cars. Or as I said, consider a Disney hotel, where the transport is better. (And you are living in the 'magic'!)

All American hotels will be disabled-friendly. Read the reviews, check the position on shuttle buses, and google the hotel's own website for full info. Do your research before booking.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.