Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
For money changing, your hotel reception will be OK, plus there is a bank in the parade of shops below the Hotel Admiral on the front.

You will be falling over bars and restaurants, but at this time of year no one can recommend. Problem is that since last year they may have changed hands or not even be there now. You'll find your own places very quickly, I'm sure.

Peter
your best bet is ot change in the hotel. odnt be tempted by people on the streets offering exchange. there are some atms in golden sands. i have always taken travleers cheques away b4 but was advised not to due to high rate. i took my debit card and found it easier, simpler and cheaper. we are going to golden sands again htis year and will be doing the same. hope this helps.
If you are changing cash you will get a better rate at a proper bank.

ATMs are OK if you have a Nationwide Flexi as recommended by Baldur and now myself.

With this card you get the best exchange rate going and no charges whatsoever.

Take more than one card, ATMs can chew up and then what would you do?

Peter
Many thanks, I've only got a LLYOYDS TSB card which I will take for emergencys only I will be taking English notes, only been able to get the new £20 though so I hope these will be accepted. Years ago at Sunny Beach they would not accept any notes with writing on or if they had a tear in them, is it still the same? Thanks again
Yes, still the same, no writing & undamaged.
Hi

We stayed at Hotel Kristal last year and always changed our money at the hotel - the exchange is open 24 hours so you never have to worry. I'm sure we didn't get as good a rate as the bank however it was ideal for convenience.

Enjoy your visit

Alpech
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.