Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
We have visited Elounda twice this year. Like Playa Blanca too. Nice harbour, waterside tavernas, Couple of small discos if you want a dance. Friendly people.
Hi Vin2300,
If you speak to people who know the whole island of Crete they will tell you that it is almost all great but that the most beautiful and dramatic part is to the west where the White Mountains are breathtaking and the beaches incomparable. You also have the Venetian port of Chania, full of character and great restaurants. So many wonderful, very Cretan places. It's not a coincidence that Zorba's dance in the movie was filmed at Stavros.
Check it out at http://www.west-crete.com/crete-daily-photo.
we like elounda manos apartments have a nice pool and bar, been 3 times now, loads of good restaurants as well
J :cheers
We are also going to Crete 2010 , and have booked Hersonissos , have read mixed reports but we go with an open mind and make the most of whatever it has to offer . We also like eating out and people watching in local taverna's . We dont want the nightlife as such but will venture into the centre of things . I chose Crete after reading The Island , and a visit to Spinalonga is first on my list of things to see and do .
Hersonnisos is a big long resort, where are you staying
We are staying at the Bellos Apartments , so really hoping they are not 18-30 orientated , i think i have read somewhere that only Thomson do packages ......... nothing we can do if it is 18-30's just make the most of it , do you know these apts at all
Hi Lindy,
If you want to experience all the joys of Crete and not the hordes of drunken, vomitting Brits you steer well clear of places like Hersonissos. Just type "Hersonissos drunk" into Google and you'll get the picture. I've seen it for myself, not just on Crete but at Kavos on Corfu too. Good luck to those who get their fun like that! Crete has so much more to offer than places like this including great bars and night clubs. The best thing about Hersonissos, Malia etc is that it keeps those who want 2 weeks of being blitzed away from the rest of the island. Why is it that only the British behave like this on holiday? Stay in the west next time and you will see the difference, honestly it's very marked but I guess it just depends what you want from a holiday.
Sorry, don't know where they are. We stayed in Koutouloufari, the village up from Hersonnisos, there is also Piskapiano too. Don't know how far you will be from these villages, but much prefer to Hersonnisos. On looking at Bellos I think they are in this nicer part
Bejay i think we are more towards Piskapiano and Koutoulfari than the hub of Hersonissos .
you will enjoy it then , we loved Koutouloufari, went twice in one year. Did'nt mind that we were away from the beach only walked down one day
Thanks for the suggestions.

Elounda looks nice. Though a lot of the accomodation seems very expensive. The cheaper ones appear to be halfway up a steep hill / dirt track and not actually in the resort.

Western Crete also looks good. Shame we dont live anywhere near an airport that flies to Chania.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.