Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Mojacar
54 Posts
Hi,

We enjoyed our holiday in August last year so much we have decided to go back to Mojacar this year, only this time we are going in October (school half term), can anyone tell me what the weather will be like at that time of year and are all the bars still open then. I also hear that the Irish Rover has reopened, is that right?

Only ten weeks to go now, really looking forward to it. 8) :lol:
Hello Groovychick36, I went last year at half term and the weather was really good in fact I am going again in Oct. this year but a bit earlier this time as my daughter left school, yes the Irish Bar is open it seems very nice but I think you pay a bit more for the drinks I suppose you have to pay for all the work, and yes I found that most of the bars and resturants where open and lastly just to make you jealous I'm off to there on Sunday. best wishes Sandra 8)
Thanks for that info Sandra,

Hope you have a good time (wish it was me :( - never mind, only 9 weeks & counting :D :lol: ).

Teresa
Hi all.
We are flying out to almeria for a short break in a weeks time and staying in Mojacar. Can anyone tell me how the weather will be, is it woolie jumper weather or mild at the moment? Also is much open at this time of year? we dont want lively, but we do want to be able to go out for something to eat!
Take a look in the weather topic HERE

Kath HT Admin
Hi everyone
I am new to this so go easy please... I am going to Mojocar in August staying at Cumbres complex it looks nice. Can you give some advice on where to eat etc or any infomation on the complex itself. Two adults one 10 yr old. I hear the Beachcomber bar is good so that is top of my list. Any inforamtion will be great .

Thanks
Hi, I dont know the compex myself but know where it is,here is a link to just a little info on the place,

http://www.viva-almeria.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5518&highlight=cumbres

Heres a few ads for some places on the complex which shows some nice photos.

http://www.viva-almeria.com/modules.php?name=VivaFind&search_on=&query=cumbres&submit=Go

As you can see its quite high up and you will need to be fit to walk home at night!!! after a few possibly,all the best and have a great holiday,John.

PS. Have a look at this map for a better idea of where the complex is situated. I notice there are at least three different complexes in all at different levels up the mountain (Hill really)

http://www.viva-almeria.com/modules.php?name=Map&pid=1261
Where am I in relation to your bar?
Merged with existing topic.

luci :wave
Thanks Lucy and hello Souppy,not that it makes any difference as if I'm not out fishing or walking I'm in there but its my son's bar/restaurant.

The complex is about a 1/2km South/West of the Beachcomber down towards the Indalo hotel and the Brit strip as its known.

Just before the latter "Cardiac Hill" goes up a mountain (steep Hill) to where you are.

Some fantastic views from up there where one of the Beachcomber's staff and family live. Its also a little cooler than sea level and a few less mossies during the (Mossie) season. All in all a great location as long as you are fit or have a vehicle,all the best and if I can be of further help,just shout,John.
Can anyone shed any light on the Gran Vista Marina apartments in Mojacar. It may also be a hotel as well. The apartments come up very cheap.

We are looking for something for just 4 days after having a week in the Northern Costa Blanca.

Pippa
Pippa

Try this site for quite an amount of information on your apartments:-
http://roomsnet.com/almeria_hotels/gran_vista_marina-H29251.html

As far as I can remember they are situated just around the bend as you leave Mojacar Playa driving towards Carboneras.

The apartments appear to be comfortable and have many amenities. The complex is only a few years old. There are stunning sea views from nearly every apartment.

The location is fairly central to the main 'restaurant' area. The beach is near also.

Be warned the apartments are fairly elevated (probably an understatement) and the walk back from the restaurants might take a few minutes longer than you expect. The Yellow Bus service starts from here and serves all of the Playa + Mojacar Pueblo (Fare = €1.00).

Enjoy your break
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.