Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Mojacar
54 Posts
Hi Groovy Chick,

the weather is very hot in August, most days are tops 20s or even low 30s........... take lots of block for the children and yourselves.

As for eating out - the only one we did not like was Snoopy's,

For good value and nice food visit Bechomber Bar - all the favourites, cooked well and in a clean enviornment.

For something posher try Argentinian steakhosue, Smugglers, Torre Bahia, Phillips etc

Have a nice time, you will love it.

Diane
Take a look at the thread "Good restaurants in Mojacar" below for some good advice. As you will find out. Mojacar is a very long resort (up to 7km) so unless you have a car or want to get a taxi/bus, you will mainy be interested in restaurants near your accommodation.

Regarding the weather in August - HOT!
Thanks for the replies, I had heard that it would be very hot, better make sure we are all well protected. I have seen reports that the Beachcomber Bar and the Argentinian Steakhouse are well worth a visit.

We are going to rent a car possibly for 3 or 4 days towards the end of our first week, it would be nice to see some of the sights. Has anyone been to the place where they made the Spaghetti Westerns? 8)
Have a scroll through Mainly Mojacar Gossip to page 4 the last few posts are mainly about Mini Hollywood. It is an excellent day out. We rented a car for a week and drove there ourselves. It was about an hour away. The name of the town where Mini Hollywood begins with T (for the life of me I cannot remember it) anywayDONT go into this town. Mini Hollywood is actually about 3 or 4 miles beyond this town on the main road.

We also travelled to Carraboneras and Garrucha the two towns closest to Mojacar. If you like fish there are excellent restaurants in Garrucha. Also if you plan to do some cooking while in Mojacar there is a huge Meraconda Supermarket in Garrucha which fab fresh fish aisle. Found Garrucha great for swimming in the ocean not as wild as Mojacar. 8) 8)
Hey Waterford we meet again! Town is Tabernas.
That is the one Steve. We spent about 20 mins. driving around Tabernas looking for Mini Hollywood. 8) 8)
Hi Steve,

Where is the thread for "Good restaurants in Mojacar

Look forward to your reply
Its about five topics down from this one.
Thanks for that, it is a great help. 8) :D

Only four weeks to go now :D

If anyone else has any info it would be much appreciated. 8) 8)
Can anyone tell me where the best place is to hire a car from while we are there.

Look forward to your replies
Although you can hire a car in Mojacar, I think you will generally find that you are better of picking up a hire car at the airport - and a week doesn't generally cost much more than 2 or 3 days.

Denis
Thanks for that Denis,

We could have done that but we have actually got coach transfers with our flights to our accommodation, hence the reason for hiring later in the week.
There was some discussion on car hire in Mojaca here :
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=34700

EasyCar also appear to take bookings for car hire in Mojaca though don't remember seeing them there.

Denis
I hired a car from Centauro. They I really compared prices and they were the cheapest. I paid €87 for 3 days - this was for a Group A car with AC but I was upgraded to a Clio. This will be €94 for 3 days from 1/7 (€45 for 1day, €90 for 2 days and €125 for 4 days). Other companies had offers (e.g. 4 days for 3) but were still more expensive.
http://www.Carjet.com
81 euros for 3 days in Aug for small hatchback including all insurance -they are really good,we always use them & usually get a fee upgrade!
Lindi :D
Check out http://www.mojacarguide.com - Quite an interesting site (I just come accross it myself!)

Looking forward to seeing the webcam up and running!
Off to Mojacar at the end of August is it really that British?
We are going to the opposite end to the Indalo :hyper
If we want avoid the Curry, Kareoke and John Smith's brigade, would we prefer to do our days out in Garrucha?

Dave
Hi Dave,yes Garrucha is very Spanish although during the time you are here there will be lots of Brits around having a day or night out in the town.Great fish restaurants to try.Try Carboneras too,again very Spanish.

You will get curry just about anywhere of course but you'll be pleased to know there arent many karaoke Bars and even John Smiths isnt selling that well,we sell more to the locals in the winter.We Brits are quite layed back in Mojacar and the only time we hear of trouble its usually the Spanish that caused it.Have a great holiday,John.
Just got back from a week in Tenerife what a nightmare, it is now even more tacky and commercial than our last visit 4 years ago.
Believe me Mojacar area is superb in comparison, still feels like Spain.

Spent early June in Mojacar and it was wonderful and stress free, so relaxed and no hassle from time share touts, looky looky men, P.R.s and chinese women selling flashing mini fans.

Should have gone back for another week to Mojacar, ............may be next year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.