Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
whats the current rate in Goa?
It was 78.2 yesterday hope it stays that high for Xmas. Last Xmas it was hovering between 68 and 70.
Hi All
Can any of you lucky people in Goa, tell me if prices (food/drink) have risen since Feb 2011, as I have been looking at XE universal curreny converter, and the Ruppee has been hovering between 79 and 80 to the £ for the last 4-5 days, it peaked yesterday at 81.1 when i was there in Nov,2009 we was only getting 69-70, and in Feb this year 70-72.

Regards
The Preacher
Hi Preacher,the rate on XE is business rate so its always going to be a little lower on the street.yesterday it was 80 and should be 80
over the whole weekend till 10 am monday. some things have gone up but many are the same.I think this is because Petrol and Diesel
have shot up so in turn taxis and anything being transported by road will be affected.,but as you said compared to this time last year
its good. :wave:
Thanks Split, hope its stays that way through Feb.2012 :tup
Split wrote:
Hi Preacher,the rate on XE is business rate so its always going to be a little lower on the street.yesterday it was 80 and should be 80
over the whole weekend till 10 am monday. some things have gone up but many are the same.I think this is because Petrol and Diesel
have shot up so in turn taxis and anything being transported by road will be affected.,but as you said compared to this time last year
its good. :wave:
The Preacher wrote:
Thanks Split, hope its stays that way through Feb.2012 :tup

Made a mistake on my post above Preacher,we called into Brunos this morning and got 80.3 to the pound,best so far this season :cheers
Anyone got any idea of the Ruppee/£ rate at the moment? :cheers
Thanks for the replies. Hope it stays at 80 (or more,I won't mind :tup )for at least the first 3 weeks in January :cheers :sun2
Hopefully it stays around that mark or above from January to April :tup

Split, can you keep us updated on the exchange rate, better to have it from someone who is actually there :tup
GoanMad Tony wrote:
Hopefully it stays around that mark or above from January to April :tup

Split, can you keep us updated on the exchange rate, better to have it from someone who is actually there :tup

Will try and do that Tony :tup
Was offered 81.60 today on the street in Candolim :tup
Friends got 83 today,thats the highest this season :cheers
83 :tup ..........Haven't seen that rate for quite a while, the more I can get for my money this year, the better :)

Fizz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.