Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Use moneygram at your local post office and the charges are quite reasonable.
just go in with your cash and tell them you want to send money via moneygram.
You will need two forms of identification.
Passport
Driving Licence or
Utility Bill with your name and address on
We have sent over several amounts using this method and the money is avaliable over there instantly.

Gene
if she has bank account in hsbc in turkey
u can transfer
same say she can get
comissions maybe a penyys
Western union - no id needed except for the person collecting, unless you are sending a large sum... can be picked up in 10 minutes, Thomson holiday shops do it over the counter at the exchange desk.
My husband often sends money to his family in Turkey and he always uses Moneygram, it is a lot cheaper and faster than Wetern Union.
Western Union at the side of Moneygram is very expensive.

Gene
Ok thanks a lot guys, this moneygram thing sounds good.
Bit confused though, will they send the money to her address or her bank account?
And i'm guessing the identification is to prove you are 18?
Cemile.. go to the moneygram site, to check if there is a collection point in your freinds town. If not you will have to use western union. Its an instant rtansfer service, by computer, about 15 minutes. Eg you want to send £200, you pay moneygram or western union the money plus transfer fee, fill in a form with your details and your friends details. It goes through a computer, you get a 10 digit code to give to your friend. She goes to the money collection office with her ID and teh 10 digit number, fills int he form for the amount of money you sent, and they pay out locally.
Moneygram is sent to a bank, usually a Koc Bank and then your friend picks it up from there, you will get a reference number which they take along to collect the money.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.