Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I have never stayed there but I can tell you that's it's getting on for a mile from the centre of the old town area of Albufeira, say 20 minutes walk (including a fairly steep hill) or a short walk and 3 or 4 minutes on the bus. To be honest there isn't a great deal in the immediate area that leaps to mind, but it is right next to the beach if it's a nice day.

Weather is not easy to predict. Today we are expecting 82F and if that continues visitors will be well pleased. The average for the time of year in the daytimes is around 70, but it's starting to feel cool at night. Purely relative, as it's warmer at night still than most of the UK is during the day.

Cost wise, well with the exchange rate being what it is you possibly won't be paying a lot less than you would be in the UK (although the price of beer etc depends where you live; people from the north of England used to club prices moan like mad at £2.50 - £3 a pint but those from London think it's cheap) but eating out there are bargains to be had, if you avoid the obvious tourist traps and venture into the side streets a little.

Hope that helps and enjoy your trip should you decide to come.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.