Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I get hayfever, so I take antihistamines daily and I dont get bitten??

They love hubby tho!!!
We were there last august + my wife got bit on the small of her arm and had a nasty reaction, She lived :) . Other than that mozzies weren't a problem.
apparently they bite people with higher sugar diets, not sure if that's an old wifes tale or not. and also garlic is meant to help, you can try taking garlic capsules.
I dont think you get anymore problems with mozzies in menorca than you do anywhere else in the med :)
Our 8th year in Cala en Bosch at the beginning of July and up until 3 years ago i was bitten numerous times until i bought Boot's extra strength insect repellent. Its in a grey bottle and i've used both the pump action spray and also the gel and have not been bitten since. Mozzies love perfume and aftershave and are out in force in the early evenings. Also if you go into Son Xoriguer be extra careful as they are very common there. Not wanting to put you off because it is beautiful in Cala en Bosch but you do need to use the repellent. Hope you have a great holiday and let me know how you get on.
We have a huge thread Click Here on Mosquitoes packed with help and advise.

It's 27 pages long :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.