Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Mud Baths
14 Posts
we went on this trip 2 years ago from marmaris, my lordy it was a bloody long day!!!!

my personal opinion was that the mud baths were overrated! it was this tiny little pool of mud with loads of people scrambling to get into, you weren't allowed to wear your shoes around the place so was exceptionally slippy and the smell was enough to make you heave!! sorry!!!

BUT!! one man's hell is another man's heaven, lots of other people who have been have enjoyed it
I agree about the mud bath part. It didn't seem worth the effort really but I thought the location and bar/restaurant were very nice. And the river trip to Turtle beach was very nice. What I enjoyed about that trip was because it was a long day and you had lots of different stops you got to know everyone. By the end of the day you were all buddies!
Thanks for the reply, hmmmm someone else said the smell was bad thats putting me off a bit.
Plus my kids have medical issues and a fall somewhere like that oculd be lethal so maybe its not such a great idea for us then???
I shall see what other replies i get.

Any pther trips recommended from Sarigereme suitable for a family?
I did the 12 island boat trip last time , 3yr ago which we enjoyed!
Thanks dadooronron, we posted at same time then.

Hmmm not sure what to do now!
We did the trip in 2002, our youngest was 8 and had a great time, be careful with the children in the sulpher pool, it goes very deep immediately.

Dave
Other than Dave's comment about the pool going very deep, very quickly (that is the sulphur pool not the mud bath) I think your kids will have a great time. I was there in June and there were loads of kids there and they were in their element - actually being encouraged by their parents to get muddy!!!!!!

Even the sulphur pool wasn't as smelly as I expected it to be. I would suggest taking flip-flops or similar to walk around the area because the stone floors, just like the sand on the beaches, gets very hot. You aren't allowed to wear the shoes in the pool, but that is probably because you might end up losing them in the mud!!!

And at the end of the day, your skin does feel lovely !!

Dave
So you can wear shoes when walking around then?
Just concerened about it being slippy thats all???
Hmm my sister has just come back and said the mineral pool after the mud is sooo hot my boys wouldnt be able to get into it, so maybe i should be giving it a miss.
the mud baths are great fun my 5 yr old grandaughter loved it, you dont have to go in the mineral bath just have a shower i thought it was a great day out/
This will probably be a daft question but i am going to Turkey for the first time in August.
And i would love to have a Turkish bath.
But ive heard people talking about Turkish Baths and Mud Baths.

I would just like to know if these are the same things.
Or are they completely different?

Probably a stupid question i know but i just want to be sure :)
They are completely different. A Turkish bath gets you very clean and a mud bath gets you very dirty :rofl

You will find Turkish baths in all the resorts, they are a great experience, very relaxing and you feel so clean afterwards.

The mud baths are near to Dalyan and basically you sit in a pool of mud and cover yourself in grey mud! It is supposed to be very good for your skin.
Thanks very much Kedi :rofl

I now know exactly what i am looking out for :)
I am certainly looking forward to a Turkish bath now i know what i am looking out for :)
The mud baths were the most disgusting experience I have ever had!!! Toes sqwelching and sinking in grainy mud, loads of folks sliding all over the place covered in mud, stench........yuk. Will never go back, not even for the laugh of watching folks sitting over the place, "drying" in the sun. Not for me! :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.