Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Mud Baths
15 Posts
they are by Dalyan

we went on that trip from Marmaris and it is a very very long day!
Hiya

Yes it would have been the Dalyan boat trip to the mud baths, and the beach would more than likely have been the Iztuzu Beach, where the Loggerhead Turtles make their home.
It is a wonderful day out, and we have always enjoyed.
Are you returning?
I can only comment that we had a fantastic day out here. We went with Sarigerme Tours for a very reasonable price for a family of 5. All of us has a fantastic day, even the kids who couldnt stand the smell of the mud baths and for once, didnt want to get muddy! My best photos from the whole holiday were from this tour and I would recommend everyone do it. Such a lovely place! My only concern was the toilets on that beach you mentioned! If you need a number 2, take it before you go on this trip, not a nice experince when you have tummy problems lol! You have to pay for thme as well but they let me off becuase they could tell if I didn't reach the toilet, thier personal space would become very smelly!
I'm hoping to do this trip when we stay in Olu deniz in August - it sounds amazing! Thanks for the recommendation to use Sargiemme, are they easy to find? Does anybody else recommend another operator for the boat/mudbath tri?. I suppose anywhere will be cheaper than with our tour operator.
Sarigerme Tours can only be booked in the village of Sarigerme (I think) We had a great day but we did book the islands trip with them and it was all german but still good. I am sure a tour place local to where you was will be very good, just avoid the tour operators options!
Hiya

And "OH Yes" those toilets..........Mmmmmmmm. queue a mile long, with ladies hopping on one leg with painful looks on their faces, (Iwas one, by the way) the hole in the floor ones were occupied, thank goodness, and the laughter from behind the doors was infectious, very very funny. So please, take your lira with you if you need a quick wee wee, leave hubby on the sand with the bags (cos there aint no way you can pretty up in them toilets!) pay the ladies at the table outside and in you go...................an experience that can't be missed.

Trip wise, any of the towns within the Olu/Fethiye/Dalyan/Hisorunu resorts have shops, beach vendors and trip sellers at every turn, all offer the mud bath trips, usually the boat trip to see the Lycian Rock Tombs, then the baths, lunch, (which is quite basic but ok) then on to Iztuzu Beach, there are good deals to be had, and even some of the hotels have cards in reception offering trips. Keep away from the rep offering tours, it is always overpriced, and nearly always, you end up at the rug warehouse................far better to diy.

You will love it, lots of fun and a worth while experience.
best mudbaths are a sultankapici on the lake at koygegiz..... great tour from marmaris and esy to find if you take a car.... just 4ytl to get in and 1 mudbath, and 4 hotbaths and a lake to enjoy..pm for more details
Whilst in Olu Deniz we used seaside tours...our guide was called Atti...short for Attila...he was fab.

The one thing about Turkey that beats anywhere hands down is how cheap their trips are but fantastic value.
there are so many in olu deniz and hisaronu to choose from make sure you shop around until you find a good price you are happy with :sun2
We're going to Icemeler in less than 2 weeks and was looking forward to the mudbath trip,

But a chap from work (who went 4 years ago) - just told me there's an hour long coach trip, then onto a rickty old boat with wooden slats for seats, a dodgy buffet and when you get there the bath stinks!

Is he talking a load of old *£!%"? (rubbish) - there seems to be a lot of positive comments on this forum

I'm just worried a really long day with long coach trips and uncomfortable seats might mean one unhappy wife and 2 grumpy teenagers!!

Pls help!

Nik
don't know about a coach trip but ours started off on the boat which took a couple of hours to get to turtle beach where you transfer to a smaller boat which then takes you through the marshland to get to the mud baths

the day is extremely long!!!

x
Nik22 wrote:
when you get there the bath stinks!

You have to remember they are located at a natural warm spring and it is mud, so there is a bit of a sulphorous odor! It's not overpowering though, I didn't think so anyway but then I'm used to H2S and other anaerobic gases! The boats are wooden, but I wouldn't say they are rickety. They are worked hard, but nothing to worry about. They're only like the water taxis used around Marmaris. It's good fun once you get there.

Darren
We are just back from a lovely holiday in Turkey, we stayed in Dalyan and we took an evening trip to the mud baths. There were 8 in our group, we had a boat to ourselves and there was no one else in the mud only a few locals in the thermal bath. Washed the mud off with a swim in the warm lake then we had a lovely meal on the boat under the stars in the middle of the lake. A fantastic trip, even 4 grumpy teenagers loved it. One of the crew on the boat had a guitar and played for us and sang some turkish songs, it was magical and the whole trip cost about £100 including food, just had to pay extra for the drinks.
We done this trip from Marmaris last year and although to get to the boat was a while on the coach (cant remember how long) it was worth it.
We went to the mudbaths first, then on to have lunch, then up to the beach. It was stunning and I would tell everyone to try it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.