Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
We have always booked our family holidays well in advance :) Am glad as well due to the fact not once has the price of ours ever come down, they have onnly ever gone up!
Maybe it could just be the times we are in right now and more people staying at home, its not the time to be hiking the prices up.
I could of done an awful lot with that £418 though, with a new grandchild due at Christmas. Never mind, as hubby says "Just forget about it "
I booked my holiday that I went on Jamaica 13 months in advance because I wanted the Hotel, dates etc and checked several times, and it never went below the deal that I got. I had a fab early booking deal with First Choice and got Insurance thrown in for nowt too.
Cheryden

Maybe the terms have changed to make it look cheaper? Are they now charging extra for luggage or transfers etc? Is it the same class of room?

But you are right, you should never check once you've booked (unless they have a price guarantee like easyjet!)
Yes, identical details....same hotel, triple room with extra for seaview, extra for half board and also the extra for the taxi transfer. Only difference, we were quoted for 20kg luggage....but even to pay for the extra to bring the luggage from 15kg to 20kg still £418 cheaper.
Cheryden?

Could be because you go next month it will be classed as a "late deal."
Yes, maybe you could be right about that ...probably only got a few rooms left and selling them off cheaper.
it is demoralising for you, Cheryden, and I sympathise.
In past years we have booked summer holidays well in advance as hub and I have to juggle to get the time off work we want. No good trying for a late deal......... :(

We have also had a particular resort and hotel in mind.

I've made the same mistake of watching web prices as the season progresses.......

So I look at it, that you have got a holiday WHEN you want it, WHERE you want it......
and if all the other rooms there had sold out, you would have had to go to your 2nd or 3rd choice place......

Also I think the euro exchange rate has changed a bit which makes prices abroad slightly better and brings prices down, but I might have got that the wrong way round :que
Just forget about the late deal price and enjoy this holiday with your grand-daughter which you have been looking forward to so much :)
Too true....have to put it at the back of my mind and enjoy our holiday. Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.