Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Gail,

Nice report, still ashot by the sound of it.

We was there in June when the heatwave started. In fact it was unbearable at times. Our AC was appalling in the hotel which did not help.

Was it me or has Icmeler got noisier? Everyone seemed to be competing against each other. Same sort of music blsaring out, I like music but not so loud. We heard a lot of comments about this.

How much did the boat trip cost to hire?

We are off to Kalkan in 4 weeks, for a change. been once before. Still love Icmeler but find it is changing. Shame, well that is my opinion.

Barb
You have shamed me jess, I got back last week, after a fortnight at the Babbadan and have not posted anything on here yet :oops:
Robert.. the only reason I've done a post so soon is because it was my first 12 hours shift back in work last night (Sunday)... went and did posting on pc on my break to keep myself awake.... believe you me... if I'd have been at home I wouldn't have been so sad as to be on pc at that time in the morning doing my review :lol:
Hope you had a good hol too.... as I know you were there same time as us.... again we could have passed each other without even knowing.....
Gail
Hiya Barb.... yes we to think Icmeler centre is getting noisier.. deffo competing with each other on who can have the music the loudest I think... In some of the bars you can't even hear yourself talk whatsoever so everyone just ends up sitting round allnight lookin like morons... :D
I don't mind it abit.... but after one drink.. we found we had to get off.. for abit of conversation somewhere.... One night I think we even refused free drinks coz we were dying to get out of the place...
Yes... same old tunes.... every night in most bars.... 'Those were the days my friends'.... same old Michael Jackson.... with same songs.... Cha cha... kiss kiss... I don't think I need to say more...!! Great... but year after year... does get abit monotinous.. I think they need to move on abit now and change some tunes before it starts to get tooo boring....

The boat trip... there was 16 of us and we paid something like 500 lira for the day... think we worked it out to be about £12.50 a head each... The captain used to own his own restaurant and he had a good reputation as a chef then... his bbq was simple but never tasted chicken and lamb like the way he did it.... spot on... then whatever you wanted to drink when you wanted. Very good value for money... More relaxing... and you just feel like you are on your own boat.... it was great... :)

We are deffo going to try book a quick week at end of Aug of beginnning of Sept next yr... but again in old village... for a chillout week...
Gail...
Hi jess, Enjoyed reading your report. Can you tell me where the Love Star restaurant is as it seems to be quite popular this year? Have to agree with you regarding The Lighthouse, that was our only bad meal when we were there in June.
as I know you were there same time as us.... again we could have passed each other without even knowing.....

So it was you who wolf whistled at me then :wink:
Hiya... the Love Star Restaurant has only been open 3 mths and the food we had there was spot on.. they'll even come out with tasters first if you like so you can taste abit before you order.. :)
Take the road into the old village (by side of old green mercedes outside the shop in the centre) and just keep walking... It's on your left hand side (about 5 mins walk if that) just before Ozzies.... Also you must try the Meysen... the pink house on the same road just before the Love Star.... the food in there is gorgeous too.... If you want a relaxing night.. go to the Meysen on a Friday night... it's usually live Turkish music...
Enjoy
Gail.
Hey Robert.... so it was you then that I was whistling at :D :wink:
I got the right one!!
Glad you had another great time Gail, we just arrived back last night, stayed in the Lighthouse apartments, very, very nice.

The bar opposite had the same michael Jackson act 3 nights running ! ! !
Hi Gail,

The boat trip works out cheap if there are a few of you. We paid £18 pp for a trip with Icmeler Travel, there was only 26 allowed so was nice, We had a 45 min. drive to rach the boat but the scenery was spectacular, as there was only 4 of us it would have been expensive to hire your own boat. Still this was a good trip. We also had a cheapie!

We had a meal in The Lighthouse and it was nice although because of the heat never fancied much food at all. Never managed to reach rstaurants a bit further from the beach due to the heat. Again never made it to Wayside Inn.

I agree about Michael Jackson, seems you cannot go anyway without him. Our hotel had him twice there, also the break dancers, who are very good but once seen.....

Wonder if they travel as far as Kallkan to work?

Barb
Thanks jess, will put love Star on the list of new places to try. Only there for a week though, and got all our usual haunts to visit. 8) [/code]
Hope you have a good hol Molly.... I'm sure you will... Let me know what you thought of the Love Star...
Gail...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.