Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi Lou,

So pleased you enjoyed your hol to PDC. I am due back there in August this year as opposed to our usual September visit and will look forward to visiting Cafe Del Carmen if they now have entertainment on an evening as last year there didnt seem to be any as such. I now stay at the Cabrera Apts. (adjacent to Tiny's Bar on sea front on way to Cafe del Carmen -did you visit Steve at Tiny's? - great fun) but have previously stayed at La Penita and pleased to hear it still sounds as good. Just wanted to say I appreciate your very detailed review and I am sure that newcomers going to PDC will find your review very helpful and informative.

Anita
Hey Anita,

When booking up the holiday I was very unsure whether I was doing the right thing as usually our parents do all that so I done a lot of research and the aim of my original post above was to help others in the situation I was in!

Yes Cafe Del Carmen was good... LuLu the country singer was on a Sunday night think it started around 10pm. The band wasn't amazing and again started at 10ish. The staff there very friendly and helped get rid of the annoying random bloke who kept sitting and chatting with us!!

Not heard of the Cabrera Apts, La Penita was one of the cheapest and was so pleased with the quality of the apartments. No don't remember Tiny's? We didn't venture out too much. Spent 3 nights at Cafe Del Carmen, 2 nights at The Dubliner, 1 night at Texas Rancho and 1 night at Paradise Club despite being 19 and my friend just turned 21 we prefer the country signer than the nightclub!!

Have a great holiday in August!!

Lou x
Hi Louise, Welcome home :wave
If you haven't already done so, we would be really grateful if you could add your review http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/canary-islands/lanzarote/puerto-del-carmen/la-penita-apartments/

Kath
Hey Kath

Thanks very much, back at work now :( boo and planning my next holiday to France!

Will add review now :D
x
Thanks have just approved. :tup
Kath x
Glad you have had a lovely holiday at La Peñita, just one thing confused me was your quote

"Black sand but that's what we were expecting"

Where was that exactly? Having lived here 17 years, I've never seen black sand in PdC????
Hi there

The main beach had black sand... from a distance it looks wet and hard... not exactly white sand is it?

Lou xx
Louise, there is NO black sand in PdC :que No, I quite agree, it is not white, mainly yellow, but definitely, definitely NOT BLACK. :(

I have been away from this board for a few weeks, looking after sick parents in UK, but I am absolutely sure that the beaches have not changed colour while I have been away :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.