Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Michelle,

You may remember me from the sun cream thread. Glad to hear you had a good holiday.

Was wondering if a factor 30 for me and hubby and 40 for kids is enough for when we go on 27th September?

Do you recommend getting buscopan from uk before going or is it cheaper over there?

Many thanks,
Emma
Great report Michelle. Glad you had a good holiday.

Stemma, I went in April and used Soltan Factor 50 on my 2 kids and that seemed fine. It's about £10 but it's on BOGOF most of the time.
Hi,

Similar problems here but we were at the Sonesta Club...had booked a family room with a pool view but the room we were in was just 1 room with 4 single beds in (2 of them had been pushed together to make up a double) The balcony was tiny and with no pool view! The only view of the pool was from the front door so we arn't convinced we got a family room because after having a wander around the complex,we saw rooms with larger balconies with patio sliding doors..thses must have been the family rooms? Anyway, we spoke to Rob (who's Irish isn't he?!) but he couldn't move us,said all rooms were booked up because of the extension work going on.

Also had the bad guts. Had it on and off all fortnight really but it wasn't till the last day it all kicked off...developed a fever,kept blacking out,diarearrh,throwing up,hands and legs went into spasm couldnt move them atall (that was scary!) The doctor gave me an injection in my arm for the fever and gave me some tablets for the diarearrh and sickness but they had no effect after an hour so I had another injection,this time in the bum,some more tablets and had to have a cold shower for 10 mins! This did the trick for a while..only for it to start up again when we got to the airport and even on the plane coming home. Yuck. This was Monday/early hours Tuesday and im still not right,ive still got occasional trots so ive been to doctors and theyve told me to take a sample to the hospital for them to run some tests on it (erghh!!)

Hasn't put me off going back to Sharm though as it was prob my fault anyway..over doing the sun,too much air con ect..don't blame the hotel one bit but not sure if would stay ther again unless we had a larger room.

Sorry to hijack the thread :oops:
Helen x
Stemma

yes buy the buscopan here in the UK...... also the Antinal and Strepoquinn you can buy from the Doctors for 50p, over the counter in a pharmacy it costs £6.00 !!!! having had what i went through, i would certainly go back to the doctors, they are very English speaking and also have stronger medicine than a chemist.

Also in resort they have very high sun factors some go up to 70 !! and its more or less the same price as in the UK, but if you are lucky enough to get the BOGOFF then thats better.
Helen..........

The main factor is dont get dehydrated, this is what causes the sickness and spasms, although my legs went really flu like and heavy, that was painful, but the air condition was right next door to the bed.

Yes Rob is Irish, always get mixed up with accent, he asked me to bring back the top gear mags for August, lol.

I also have the trots when i started back on the plane, and still have 4 days later, and the cramps.

The Doctor would have given you enough tablets or injection strength to last the time of your holiday.

It was actually Rob that said go for the injection as he has it every 6 weeks himself.

Last year i had to do a sample as well, but it came back clear, although the first year i had e coli 057, but that was caught from the mini criuse over from Cyprus to Cairo.

My husband even wanted to cancel the August holiday and go somewhere else because he cannot understand how i still like going to Sharm, knowing every time i get the cramps and loose motions.... I suppose i feel that i am not letting my stomach dictate my lovely Egypt.

Was you on the delayed Manchester flight Helen last monday? We were on the Luton one.

At home now i take buscopan and Immodium.

August temps will be hotter, so everyone will be in the sea :D
Stemma

Sorry i didnt read your post properly, in September you will be fine on factor 30 i would have thought, June, July and August are the hottest time, i still take factor 30 but will stay in the sea longer to cool down.

The Sonesta club is more orientated to English than the Sonesta Beach as well.
No we were on the east midlands one thank god. I don't know how id have got on being delayed that long with being ill!

Yeah,all my friends are saying to me "so I guess you won't be going back there again then?" and im like er yeah,you can get a dodgy gut anywhere in the world!

Helen x
ellijay what extension work going on at the sonesta club as i be there later on in the year
There seems to be a lot of building work going on especially up sharks bay area, we picked a load up for quad biking and a lot were like building sites.
Carron,

The sonesta club is having a HUGGGGEEEEE pool built with water slides ect...it said on the notice board it'll be up and running in October this year. we had a look at the plans and it looks very impressive! When will you be there?

Helen x
hi ellijay

i will be there 25 dec for 2 weeks, thanks for the info
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.