Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi this hotel really nice, i stay at sonesta club 3 times before gret hotel and on beach they has been some great deals for this hotel i book for christmas for sonesta club great deal
hi carron the sonesta club and sonesta beach resort read like 2 different hotels is this the case if so did u go to sonesta club, its the sonesta beach resort i am interested in thanks alot louise x

Louise please can you not post in phone text ie U instead of you etc Briar
Hi Louise

Sonesta beach great hotel, i stay in sonesta club, they just across road from each other any help you like just please ask me
thanks carron well weve done it booked the sonesta beach resort for 15th aug really exited but nervous of the unknown aswell it was alot cheaper for us than spain, greece etc for the school hols really exited now and as hubi is a scuba diver you can imagine how he feels :P :P
We stayed at the sonesta beach resort and it was fantastic and had 7 pools, and the room we were in was like a downstairs of a house, it had 5 rooms within your hotel room.

We did go over to the sister hotel the sonesta club but felt we had made the right decision to book into the sonesta beach. We could only see one pool and everyone was cramped up together, and the rooms are a lot smaller. Also you had to cross a very busy road to get to the sonesta beach resort 'beach' which you share.

It was only 15 mins walk along the busy promenade and the hotel is directly on the beach, when we go back, we shall be booking here again with thomsons, fabulous.
hi derwentrocker im a bit mixed up with various reports the one iv booked states 2 pools in brochure, it sounds like we will have quite a large accommodation as we have booked 2 interconnecting rooms. I got a price off eclipse and my local fc shop matched it, as i said before im a bit nervous about the location but we have only been to greece the last 5 years :P :P
louise....i'm a bit confused now. in general chat you say you,re booked the sonesta beach at Taba.....this is not the one mentioned here. they are talking about the sonesta beach in naama bay in sharm el sheikh. medot.xx
ahhh louise...is this the one you are talking about.

http://www.sonesta.com/egypt_taba/
Yes i am talking about sonesta beach resort in sharm, not taba :lol:
yes medot thats the one i first started a post about this hotel the other day when i went back on mine had disappeared and my comment had been put into this thread so i presumed i had starte a thread about the same hotel, my thread should have been left so that i could have got some correct feed back about the taba 1 :roll: :roll: thanx anyway all sonesta has a group of hotels all over the world so i presume they should all be similar i will start a new thread hopefully it will not be moved this time :P
Hi me and my mum are off to the Sonesta in April and wanted to know what to expect of the hotel, it is rated a 5star but would like your thoughts on the place ifyou have stayed here before. We are going half board as well! Is there plenty to do close by eg shopping bars resterants?
Thanks!
Can you clarify which Sonesta it is please, is it Sonesta Beach Resort or Sonesta Club in Sharm, either i can help you with :P

Michelle x
Its the Sonesta beach resort in Sharm.
Hi

What can i say....you couldnt have booked into a better hotel, its beautiful, right on the beach, which is private and shared with guests coming over from the 'sister' hotel Sonesta Club. SB is a lot bigger than Sonesta Club, and for a few days at least will no doubt lose your bearings, basically because it is so huge. Excellently sign posted which the other hotel fails miserably at.

If you can email the hotel and ask for room 1105, it is on two spilt levels and the bed is big enough for 4 people. You never hear any noise basically because the walls are white and very thick. The room which was booked for thomson guests was like the downstairs of a house, all to our self's we had 5 rooms, it does make the Hilton along the way on the promenade small in comparison!

At the hotel we had a choice from 7 large pools, and you can swim in them at night if you so wish. One of them is right out side our room, although usually occupied by the Russians/Italians.

The main entrance from the road you come in from has a Doctor should you need one, we used him when we got tummy upsets. The main road is just that, dont think that nothing is here like we did, its the hotel side where the sea and prom is. It takes a great stroll 15-20 mins past loads of lovely restaurants to get to the main centre for shopping in Sharm. Everything is on your door step. I wouldn't entertain another hotel for being central. You will love it, have a great time.

Heres mine and others reviews on the hotel - mine is under derwentrocker.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/egypt/sinai-penninsula-and-red-sea/sharm-el-sheikh/sonesta-beach-resort-hotel/
I am going to the Sonesta Beach resort Taba and have looked up some reviews on the internet.

There were only a couple of bad ones but you do always get people who will complain about everything and anything but 95% of the stuff I read said that it was lovely and that they had a great time, has anyone else been there. I know a holiday is what you make it .

if I had taken any notice of the things that were said about my hotel in Turkey last year I would have never have stayed there, but we had a wonderful hoilday and we wouldn't have changed a thing about it. We wouldn't have made the friends we did and the staff at our hotel were the best ever.

can anyone help

Ola
This will be the second time that we have stayed in the Sonesta beach resort in Sharm. The beach isnt 'supposed' to be open before 8 am, but when we have got there at 7.50am, half the sun shades and loungers have gone to Italians, germans and Russians. Are the guys being bribed one thinks? The beds cannot fill up that quick unless they are put there the night before, or they get up really early before the towel men get there.

Can anyone shed any light on this please.

Thanks

Michelle xx
ooo hi derwentrocker.

sorry i cant answer your question..but i've booked to go to this hotel in november...already stayed at the sonesta club.

did you ever sit round any of the pools at this hotel..if so which one did you use..i've heard that one is mainly for the italians
If you booked medot with Thomson, you automatally get the main 4 bed room for families, it is a downstairs with loads of rooms leading off. We have requested 1105 again. The large pool out our front door is mainly occupied by Italians, but to be honest, it was far to hot to sunbathe there as no breeze. There are 7 pools to choose from.

Run your curser over the rooms, one is smaller than the other. The large one we always get, other tour operators have the smaller rooms. My rooms had 5 rooms off it, a bathroom, another room for a walk in wardrobe with dresser, a queen-size bed 7 foot. You drop down a level to get to the lounge for the TV a big sofas, and another room which is spare for a bedroom.

We looked around the Sonesta Club, but found it really small in compassion and a bit out of things, and the pool cramped.

edit - forgot link

http://www.sonesta.com/egypt_sharmresort/page.asp?pageid=26694
I've just returned from the Sonesta Beach this week and was very disappointed with it, we booked with Kuoni and its a 5 star with them but i would only give it a 3 at a push.
Our room was very small, we was in room 626 and very dirty the shower head was held up with a carrier bag and there was squashed flies every where maybe we was just unlucky we did complain and was moved and that room was just as bad.
I also found that there are not many english people there and the beach was just the same no sun beds and so was the pools i mainly used the main pool and the one just up from my room, i also found that the pools was very dirty and in need of a clean especially around the pools.
We went half board but didn't like the food that much as they seem to cater more for the other nationalities.
We wouldn't go back to this hotel again but would defiantly come back to Sharm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.