Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Re this hotel.
I am sorry to say this, but we once stayed here, and moved after the second day. Its one of those hotels which looks lovely, but the staff are dreadful. The service is diabolical. From leering waiters to reception staff who have trouble understanding English. We moved here from Hilton Coral in January purely because I had taken ill and needed to be in a hotel with more indoor facilities. After the 2nd day, we were on the phone begging the longwood rep to move us back to the Coral.
Ask some more opinions, but having visited the red sea four times in this last 12 months, I wouldnt stay at the Sonesta.
The manager was very false. And when we did move back to the Coral, the front desk officer ripped us off by taking more than double the usual taxi far from us and organised his brother in law to take us. It was all very very shifty! We felt unsafe there. Its hard to describe as the hotel is a lovely building. Its clean and the food was good. Its the ambience that is all wrong.
We stayed there on a half board basis. Although we were amongst only about ten people at the pool, (think thats all there were staying at the time!), the staff would ignore us and trying to get served drinks or food was a nightmare. I phoned room service for some cheese and bisuits which were on the room menu and it took about an hour to get someone to understand what I wanted.
The waiters in the restaurant gave my daughter and I the creeps.
Maybe I am spoiled by the Coral. I dont know. But if you are booked far in advance I would seriously consider something else instead. Check out more opinions...and maybe reviews section?
The rooms are clean, everything as I say looks lovely on the surface. Its just one of those places though that lacks good management. Staff are certainly not a remote patch on those at the Hilton. The beach is ok..JUST ok...nah....its not..sorry...theres nothing I can think of that left me with a nice feeling about this place.
When we went on a pre visit before we moved there, the manager was over the top nice but that changed instantly once we actually loved in. He was so false!
I would hate it if someone told me I had booked the wrong hotel..so I am so sorry...but please...check out some others...there are plenty to choose from which are so much better and probably in fact cheaper! I would think it would only cost you max £20 to transfer your booking.
Have you been to the Red Sea before? Ask around this forum..
I felt such strong dislike for this hotel that I had to say this to you. I am very well travelled, and would without a doubt, very highly NOT recommed this hotel!
Sorry!!!!!!!!
..... and as a footnote.... its not in Taba Heights. But about 25 km or more south of it. Not that being in Taba Heights means anything as there is not much there either except for the big hotels and Waterworld.

The Sonesta Taba and the Holiday Inn Taba are actually much much closer to Nuweiba than Taba but have adopted, I guess, the Taba name purely for marketing reasons. The same way El Nakb airport was renamed Taba International Airport despite it being about 50 km from Taba. :lol:
thanks for your honest reveiw im not really concerned whether the hotel is in taba or not we picked it because it was the cheapest for our party, i have read a few reviews good and bad on other sites so i will keep an open mind for the moment ie;our fav hotel in corfu has had some shocking reviews but im glad we went. thanx again :P
has anyone stayed there recently or know much about it, i am considering it for winter 06/07 , i have friends who have stayed at the hyatt regency and wondered where it is in relation to this. also radisson sas looks good so if anyone has stayed there recently i would be interested, i stayed at the radisson in sharm earlier this year and loved it! :D
just read it now, thanks :D
I know there is a Thread for the Sonesta beach Club and resort but I have read that and it is abit confusing, so I thought I would do one just for Sonesta Beach resort Taba.

I am going to the Sonesta Beach resort Taba and have looked up some reviews on the internet.

There were only a couple of bad ones but you do always get people who will complain about everything and anything but 95% of the stuff I read said that it was lovely and that they had a great time, has anyone else been there. I know a holiday is what you make it .

if I had taken any notice of the things that were said about my hotel in Turkey last year I would have never have stayed there, but we had a wonderful hoilday and we wouldn't have changed a thing about it. We wouldn't have made the friends we did and the staff at our hotel were the best ever.

can anyone help

Ola
Hi Ola

We are also booked to go to Sonesta beach resort, Taba in Sept this year. Like you I have read a couple of dodgy reviews but not at all put off as main moan seems to be lack of anything else in resort which actually suits me fine!! Going for R & R and would rather have to track down entertainment if required than have it shoved in my face. Went to Sharm last year to Coral sea resort and that was in the middle of nowhere which was just fine with me but not everybodys cup of tea I know. Each to his own and all that. Anyway it is such good value for money, guaranteed glorious weather and wonderful snorkelling to see all the fish in the red sea I know we will have a great time. Let me know if you see any different photos, reviews etc to the ones that are on all the review/holiday sites at the moment

Cheers - hope you have a great hol
There are quite a lot reviews for this hotel an Eygpt Trip Advisor.
ola....there is also a thread here about Taba that you might find useful....

(sorry i'm here mega late and looking for things to do!!)

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=28377&highlight=tips+taba
Hi Ola,Dotcotton,

We are going to this hotel in August really looking forward to it, not been to this part of the world before, have you been on sonestas web site it all looks lovely, last few years we have had hols similar to this one sounds, all inclusive, next to beach, entertainment for kids and plenty of relaxation oh and diving for hubi so as you can imagine he is like a kid waiting for christmas, we dont really go on hol for our entertainment as long as kids are kept amused and busy and fed our holiday will be very easy, We have been to the blue bay in sept in corfu last 2 years fantastic place only reason we arnt going this year is the price in august the reviews for that are appalling but we loved it

regards Louise 8) 8) 8)
Have you got the website or link to their address

I am sure you will have a great time .. will be a bit warmer than corfu :lol: :sun
this is the link to the sonesta beach hotel taba's website.

http://www.sonesta.com/egypt_taba/
im going there tom! i cant wait! doing a wks all inc. i booked then found all the reviews! to tell you the truth some people are never happy!!! majority of reviews look great and so do the pictures!
were going for a wk of total relaxation and a tan! cant wait, very excited
Have a great time. Tell us all about it when you come back.
Hi
We are going for a week in June, usually we go to the Hilton in Nuweiba, but have heard it's not the hotel it was due to the new management, so we are trying out the Sonesta, I am sure it will be fine, the hotel is quite new so I imagine all will be spotless.
Pete & Ann.
When you go on the Sonesta website go into the photo gallery and then do the virtual tour , if you click on the little red dots it changes the tour that pan's round at the top.

Ola

13 weeks and 4days not that I am counting or anything.
Thanks for that tip Ola - couldnt resist upgrading to a suite once I had seen them - only £4.00 per person per night extra - what a bargain!!!! The whole hotel looks great and considering how cheap it is to go I cant see any reason to worry.

Dot
Ola said
"13 weeks and 4days not that I am counting or anything"

I have just the diary out. Its 13 weeks 3 days till we stay at the Sonesta Beach resort :D . Are you going on the 11th of july?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.