Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Ola
We will be in the departure longe looking at the screen waiting to be called down to the gate.( Did you read my message about us been like kids at Xmas on the countdown thread ola)
I was trying to work out if we arrive at the hotel before the all inclusive finishes at the hotel 11pm I think we will probably miss it :( .
We are going to land at 8.45pm (if delay free) I should think luggage and passort visa's(do we need one) etc will take about and 90mins and then transfer another 90mins which means about midnight arrival. Do you know if they have a pay bar I know they have a coffee shop. I will be so excited when I arrive and need to unwind before I can sleep. :pele :glynis

You know what we will be saying in about 7 weeks "have you got your tickets yet" :D
I bet you are more excited than your Boys.
Hi Knitter46 you are going to have to tell me what your real name is!!

I will go and have a look on the countdown thread in a min.

As far as I know we do not need Visa's if you are just staying in the Sinai and not travelling to Cairo but you can arrange them while you are there if you change your mind.

I think the all inclusive will have finished but they may lay on some food as we are arriving late, and yes you can pay at the bar after the AI has finshed as far as I know.

I have just been and checked the weather, it is going to be 94 until Friday, 97 on Saturday and 103 on Sunday. Oooooo don't you wish we were going tomorrow.

Ola
My real names Karen :)

Ps our flight FCA394 was airbourne at 13.59pm today Does this mean our countown is set on 9 weeks ,6 days and 23 hours.
Karen I reckon you could be right there Luv!!!!!!

Only 69 sleeps to go!!!!!!!

Can you just imagine what we are ging to be like a Couple of days before!!

Ola
O Yeah Karen

I am going to try and get the Day before I go off work so I can pretend my holiday is starting early. If that is the case I will only be on here until the Friday before as I come on here at work.

I'll have to makesure that Steve calls me Ola at the airport not bubba so if you hear that name being called it's me.

You never know we might be the only ones on that coach that are being dropped off there but I doubt it.

I am easy to spot anyway top heavy, ( and I so wish I wasn't) long dark hair and I always wear red lippy.

Ola
Karen

9 weeks 6 days, 20 hours and 55 mins

Hee hee

Ola
Ola
We will get slapped with a :offtop :swear by the moderators if we carry on like this. So we must promise to be good girls and just have our own private countdown once a week :D Well until we are in to the last week anyway.
I am short(5ft just) have curly hair. The hubby is bald(needs factor 15 on his head as its the first place it burns) and well rounded waist!!!!
We will 100% have to meet up if not at the airport when we are at resort.
Karen

I was doing a search earlier to see how close the Holiday Inn in Taba was to the Sonesta I am sure I have read somewhere they are within walking distance I know the our hotel is very remote wish is fine by me but I would not mind a walk occasionaly. Has anyone been to the Sonesta or the Holiday Inn and know how close they are?
Karen

I think they are about a 15 min walk from each other I ran the Sonesta and asked!!!!

I am only 5 foot 2 and abit.
Sorry Briar will do.
hey everyone! i went to sonesta in april and i loved every minute of it! the flight times were a pain and we arrived in the middle of the night and it looked like we were in the middle of nowhere!(well we were really!!) woke up the next day to the most amazing views and weather! it was boiling most of the week. we had a windy day on day 2 but was still hot! got up to 98 on our last few days, far too hot to be out in midday sun!
can i suggest the pool round by the front of the hotel. totally empty apart from us and another couple! the pool itself is fresh water so very cold compared to main pool which was heated! but total silence and no children! (im a teacher and needed a break from them!)
food was good and good idea to hav buffet style. i stayed away from the salad but my friend didnt and got a bit of a dodgey tummy but not bad enough to keep her in the bathroom all day!!! she took tablets and was ok after a day! the breakfast pastries were amazing, the pizza at lunch was lovely and the puddings!! to die for!!!!
a handy hint for water - when you arrive in your rooms you are given a bottle of water, you can take this into the restaurant with you when you go for food, and ask for it to be filled so you have water in your oom! there is a fridge to keep it cool!!
they provide towels for the pool/beach so save on suitcase space! you have vouchers that you use to get towels by the pool everyday.
the beach is amazing, gorgeous views on a lovely clear day!
my friend went to petra. she really enjoyed it but it was a very long day. she left the hotel at 6am and didnt get back till10.30pm!
they like US dollars over there! not so keen on their own money! if you touch the money just make sure you wash your hands or something! we took babywipes with us!
only thing i would like to improve would be in the evening! didnt find a lot going on really. the bar by the beach, by the nighclub (sorry forgotten what it was called) is a lovely relaxing way to spend an evening listening to the sea! be careful though as we were eaten alive and used spray!
i loved every minute of it and would def go back again!
i read the reviews on other sites before i went and was very worried about what we had booked, but no regrets at all! total paradise and i came back tanned as tanned can be!
if your going, really hope you have as good as time as i did u lucky things!!!
hope this is an ok review!!
Thanks Bear109 .Great to hear you a wonderful time. Sometimes its hard to believe when you read reviews that people have gone to the same hotel especially when you get 2 reviews for the same time period.
9 weeks today will be doing the last minute packing :D
I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.
Did you eat in any of the restaurants not included in the all inclusive?. And if you did how much did roughly cost.
An a question from a non swimmer :? Do the fish come close to the shore .... eg paddling level. I know when we went to Hurgarda a couple of years ago the fish were swimming between my toes. :lol:
If you sit round the front pool is the bar fairly close to get a drink or coffee though don't mind a little walk to burn of calories . And are diet drinks included in the all inclusive package.
hi bear109 thanks for that cant wait to go about 14 weeks to wait yet

chuffed to hear you had a good time :P
you will have lovely times!
we didnt eat in any of the other restaurants but they did offer a 30% discount to AI customers so might be worth going to see what they are like!
i didnt see any fish whilst paddling in the sea. there is a section of the beach that they have set aside for snorkling though. you have to kinda walk out into sea to the cora.
by the main pool there is a drinks area which is also by the beach. the other pool at the front (quiet pool) thee wasnt anything there, although it looked like there is something open there during the summer months!
anymore questions just ask :D
Shame about the fish :( I really must learn to swim. The hubbys been nagging me for years :whoops
I really get scared if a I get out of waist depth And when you are only 5ft. That doesn't give you a lot of scope :roll:

Did you go for a walk along the beach and if so is it quite safe(in the day). is it possible to reach any of the other hotels this way.
hi bear109 i wonder if you would mind putting a review on the hotel review section theres only 1 on there at the mo from march it would be nice 2 see another 1 :P
sonesta has its own private beach which is very safe. it has security guards at each end all day and night! its very romote and i didnt see any other hotels near us although apparently there are a few up the road.
will see what i can do about placing review on hotels ok?
much appreciated bear109 :P
Hi Guys

Haven't been in for a while as we didn't have any internet in the new office until friday.

Bear thanks for all the great info that you have given us.

I have a quick question if you don't mind.

can you remember how much your friend paid for the Petra trip.

thanks

Ola
Just Read on another site that someone has had an email back from the sonesta to say they are extend their all inslusive from 11pm to midnight :glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.