France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Hi - a couple of suggestions. Combine Champs Elysees with Arc de Triomphe, as its at the end of the avenue.

My 'not to be missed's' would include the Musee d'Orsay (the impressionists art housed in a former railway station) and a walk upto the Sacre Coeur and then round the back to Montmatre, where all the painters are.

Gill
.... and I would add go up the Tour Montparnasse for spectacular views in comfort and a reasonably priced cuppa!
The Louvre is closed on Tuesdays.

You may wish to review your itinerary!

The crypt of Notre Dame is open daily from 10 until 5.30. They do those ear phone cassette own tour type thingies. There always seems to be a queue for the crypt.
Thanks for the advice :)
Yeah, I just put the landmarks anywhere to see actually how much time I have on my hands :)
The Crypt is good to know though, as I quite fancy going down!! No spiders I hope though as when I went to the Bayeux Cathedral Crypt it was filled with the HUGEST hairiest spiders Ive ever seen :shock:

I will combine Champs Elysees with the Arc de Triomphe :) I know all the landmarks but no idea where they are, so will need a bit of help planning the time spent in Paris or Ill be going from one end of the city to the other all day long!! Was also thinking about the Sacre Coeur and when I was younger I had the interactive Musee D'Orsay so that would be fun to see it in real life! Ill also have a look at the others as well, as I want to cram everything in!!!

Now, has anyone been on 'trips' in Paris. Ive seen some for dinner at Altitude 95 then the Moulin Rouge show, and also a dinner cruise down the Seine. I just wanted to know if these are worth it. Even though were there for 5 nights, were there for 2 proper nights in Paris itself and I wanted to do all 3, so this would seem ideal. Would it better to do everything on my own, or do these??
We did a lunch cruise on the Seine - expensive but worth it - sorry but I can't remember how much, but it included lots of wine and the food was good!

Gill
Oooooh Good thank you :)
What I wanted to hear!! :) I fancy doing that one, looks really romantic :D
Want to do the Eiffel Tower and Moulin Rouge on my bday though.... hoping that will be really special :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.