Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Adi.

There is very little in Arpora, but that is not a problem. Taxi's to calangute are about rps-100. There is an excellent restaurant in Arpora called Allspice, run by a guy called Vinnie. Tell your folks to try it out, they will love it.

Sonofscouse
thanks for your reply,thats good to know about the taxi and ive read about allspice and told them about it,I'm so jealous of my parents going to goa for 8 weeks :roll:
Where are they staying in Arpora ? We stayed there Jan 07 for 3 weeks, and it was great, we usually stay in Baga, but it was nice to stay somewhere a little quieter, we went into Baga, Calangute or Candolim most evenings, Taxi's costing about 100 to 120 rps. ( £1/£1.50) But there were some nice reataurants in Arpora, All Spice, which has been mentioned loads, a nice place called Saffron ( or something ) and on the road down to the Lagoa Azulm there was another really good place on the left hand side, which did lovely food, and great pizza's , but I have forgotten what it was called.

I personally like Arpora and we will be going back there in Jan 09 ( baby too young this year ! )
mazzy
the parents have been back for 2 years now :D
We stayed in arpora last march at the Marinha Dorada, there isnt much going on but its only a taxi ride from most of the popular places. At night you must try All spice first class!. Saffron court and Al fresco are very good aswell.Dont forget to take a torch.
I see what you mean now fiona,took me a while its an age thing :think
Appora is a nice spot,good restaurants nice and tranquill but only short taxi away from the buisier places im at lagoa azul feb.
I take it you'll be going to one of the meets? be nice to put faces to names.... :cheers
yes a def is all spice and saffron court. give clay oven a miss 2 bad meals. and i think i picked now this bug up from there! i still ill 2 weeks later!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.