Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
hi marketman
we have a review of your hotel here.

Some info on the resort here and here

trips to try
here

I'm sure others will help!
Hi marketman,
My oh and I are going to this hotel on 24th January. Hubby went and had a good look round when he was there in November and said it looked good. So see you there at the end of the month.
Lynn
Hi Lynn,
realy looking forward to our first trip to Goa.glad to hear your OH has seen it and was impessed enough to book a holiday there.How long are you there for,we are there for 2 weeks flying from gatwick via bahrain with monarch how about you?Not looking forward to the long flight in crampt seats as i have read monarch have.Just got visa forms to fill in,looks like they want to no ins and outs of a cats ar**.What do you think of the resort? :?:
marc.
hi marketman
me and my family stay there all the time i have two kids age 6 and 10 and they love the place me and my family are going 4th feb when you get there try and go for room 105 as it ground floor next to pool for your daugher and you dont hear people coming home all hours the hotel is off a quiet road theres not much around but it not far from baga and the rest you have a bus to take you to baga beach every hour or hire a driver outside i like to go to asvam beach as not alot of people go there and you can relax as baga beach you cant relax as there are alot of people there and you will worry about you daughter best advise you can get is relax enjoy and the goans will make it like home oh try allspice around the corner from lagoa
Hi Nikkie,
Thanks for the post.Realy glad to hear you rate the place and return there.How many times have you been there and what makes it so special for you?Did you book it from here as a package or do you book it when you get there?
With regard to the room i heard they have some bigger rooms there and thought i might try to upgrade to one when we get there as i here it dosent cost to much.
Thanks again,
Marc. 8)
i have been going to lagoa for the last 3 years my mum and dad brought one of there apartment all the times we went before we went package but this time we went flight only got the room last year saved alot of money i like the place because its clean your towels are changed everyday and the goans are lovely there is a little bar across the road were people go for a drink and you can use the phone and as the room size that rooms a corner room but we got a double bed and two single beds in the bed room and then had a large front room its the best room there its only ive booked aprivate apartment that im not going for that one i will make sure it room 105 mum and dads over there till end of march but you will have a good one
Hi Nikkie,,
Thanks for the info.Did you meen you were going to check that the room number is 105? :? If so I was thinking i might be able ot email the hotel to see if i could reserve this room and if they no you perhaps i could say that it was recommened to us by you and perhaps as you are regular visitors there we might have more of a chance of getting it.Please feel free to PM me.
Thanks again,
marc.
Hello Marc

You are going to love Goa. This will be my sixth time but my first time in the North. We are travelling from Manchester straight through with first choice and are staying for two weeks (wish it could be longer).

The flight there isn't too bad but I always dread the flight home. When Dan went in November he went with Monarch and had big problems, but I've been checking the flights in and out of manchester and they seem to be running quite well now.

Dan loved the resort but didn't like the busy beaches at Baga and Calangute so we will be venturing a bit further afield to find somewhere a bit quieter.

I cant wait - only 2 more weeks and we'll be on our way.

Regards Lynn
Hi Lynn,
Thanks for the reply,Ive just got home from standing outside at the market in the freezing cold with snow sleet and drizzle doing no business and wishing i was there right now!Still it will soon come around and we shall just have to wait.Spoken to lots of people and every one who has been to Goa says they loved it.
Perhaps we should have a drink together out there and a bit of a chin wag when you can give us some pointers.
Cheers Marc. :glynis
Hi Marketman

Been to this hotel several times. You will love it great hotel and fantastic staff. Have a good time. Have to wait until March 7th before I can go.
Many thanks,
Was originaly trying to book the Holiday Inn in the south but it was fully booked as was the bogmallo both 4 or 5 star.However thr lagoa Azul came up and i was a bit wary as it was only 3 star and seemed very cheap.Hearing great reviews from people that have actully been there is a great help and realy puts your mind at rest.I cant wait to get there now and it has saved me a few quid into the bargain!
Your turn will come around soon,Hope you have a good un.
Marc
:)
Hi Marc

Lagoa Azul isn't on the same scale as Holiday Inn not as big and not as many facilities but for a 3 star it is a really good hotel.

Joan123
Small and friendly sounds good to me.And as long as its clean and tidy you dont actually need loads of facilities you dont use. :)
hi marketman i would not waste my time with email as when you get to goa you will find out this the goans fav word is no problem just wait to you get to lagoa and ask them there the only problem there is 80% of the rooms are sold to let but if you cant get that room make sure you get a room by the main pool and not by the bar come breckfast area as that side of the hotel runs out of hot water first but if your not happy with the room do tell them as you are paying the money and have a good time in goa
Thanks for that.
Will take your advise and just wait to see whats available when we get there.
Bring it on :sun
Hi Nikkie,
Decided to email the hotel and request room 105.They got back to me and advised me that room 105 was a suite and we had booked a standard room.I asked if it was available for our stay and how much it would be to upgrade?They said it would be 500rp per day to upgrade and they might be able to upgrade us on arrival.Does this sound reasonable or do you no any different?Ihad read on another site that someone upgraded to a suite last year at the same place for 25 pounds a week.Do you think we need to barter a bit with them or are there prices fixed?
Only 9 days to go :hyper
Is it worth bartering over £45 approx. for the week, you may miss the chance to upgrade, someone else could come along and be willing to pay the extra. Take it while you can.
hi marketman i would not pay the money till you get to lagoa and have a look at the room they have and have alook at room 105 because they are all nice and if you want to upgrade then do it plus i like room 105 as my mum and dad brought room 101 so it good for a babysitter 9 days togo lucky you we dont fly out till 4th feb but just have afab time which i know you will dont forget to try the honeybee bandy which is coming from a bourbon drinker :D
Thanks Nikkie,
Will try the Honeybee along with many kingfishers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.