Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
we went on jake the snakes crock trip, seen about 4 crocks in all, he guarantees your money back if you dont see any. we hadn't seen any for the first 1/2 hour or so, so he had the lads of the boat rustling around in the bushes with sticks. not a bad trip on the whole with a bit of lunch thrown in and free drink and fruit all through the trip. (about £5.00 per head)
andy
We went with Johns Boat Trips last January. It was a nice trip with loads of birdlife and thousands of bats but a bit disapointing on the croc front. Saw the odd one but they moved that quick never really got a good look. We have loads of pictires of muddy banks and splashes in the river. Might try again this year.
:D :D :D
We went with Johns Boat Trips last January. It was a nice trip with loads of birdlife and thousands of bats but a bit disapointing on the croc front. Saw the odd one but they moved that quick never really got a good look. We have loads of pictires of muddy banks and splashes in the river. Might try again this year.

Thats exactly how we experinced it,although im definetly not going to try again, as i get sea sick.
We went on a trip last year, to see these croc's, we had paid for the tickets and were to be picked up at our accommodation, the time for pick up came and went, so we phoned the office, and they told us that there had been an accident on the bridge and our transport had been delayed, can we make our own way to the boat which was anchored on the river, about ten minutes from where the ferry docks. So we made our way in we got to the boat and they were flabbergasted to see us, they had not had enough bookings to make the day worthwhile, so they had cancelled the trip but as we had turned up, they were going to do the trip.

We were the only two people plus the crew on that boat that day, we did not see any crocodiles but we did see swimming snakes, monkeys , kingfishers, birds of prey, the snakes actually swam across the river, got to the bank, and we saw them then climb the trees after there prey. It was fascinating to watch them. The meal we had was delicious, just simple fayre, but beautifully cooked. we had left the mooring at 10.30 am and arrived back at 5 pm, they called it a training day. but I must admit we did heavily tip every one when we left the boat.
We are off to Goa for the third time in December 07. While we are there we really want to visit the sanctuary where you can get in the water with the elephants. Each time we've been we've wanted to go, but not known how to go about it. We did go to Dudshager waterfalls on a trip with DaytripperGoa.com , which included a visit to some elephants at Ponda, (an excellent trip which we thoroughly recommend) but we really want to go in the water with them!. Any info on booking the trip/ tourism agents that arrange this trip is very much appreciated.

Thanks x

PS we are staying in Calangute, if anyone knows of any tourism places there.
Jungle Trek! I can give you the email addie by pm of Zeb, good friend and a guide for them. I have pictures if you want to see - overnight stay in mud huts..NOT to be missed! You get right into the river to scrub the elephants and can even climb up onto them and be 'showered'!!
situated at the tropical spice plantation, taxi who will take you there can be given please email me and i will give details, taxi is cheaper tham the tour operators
*email address removed for member's own security. Please pm instead

fiona ht mod*

i have just come back on monday 20th Nov
We visited the spice plantation at Ponda in Feb by taxi had been advised to get there early arrived at about 9am. First tourists of the day the children both had elephant rides 500 rupees each then we went down to the river to wash one of the elephants. We were able to sit on her, give her a scrub and as a thank you she blasted us with water. again the cost was 500rupees each we must have been in the river 3/4 hour with her
I am travelling to Goa next week with my son, been before but never done any trips - this time we are going for 4 weeks so want to take him on anything to do with wildlife.

Don't want to do it via holiday reps but still want to be safe, being a girlie (well an old girlie) on my own.

May use daytripper as there seems a lot of recommendations, but would appreciate any other contact details/recommendations :?
For those who went on trips this season- which ones would you recommend? Any that you found not that good?
Hmm, trips.... we went on a dolphin trip, which i didnt like because i get sea sick.

We saw lots of dolphins. My son really enjoyed it.

I dont really do much trips these days, because ive been so many times.

Visited the far north beaches.
presa da goa(i think thats what its called), its a hotel with a pool and a restaurant, if you're staying in baga then go because its so quiet and relaxing and iv'e been loads and each time we had the whole place to ourselves which was a plus as we were waited on hand and foot all day and you get a really good tan as the sun is always red hot there. its not really a trip but it was a day out away from the busy/noisy beach.
xsamxbx We spent a day there and it was total relaxation after the hustle and bustle of Baga and Calangute, we also had the place to ourselves including the private pool. We got to meet the owner who was dining at the same time as us,we had a superb lunch in the portguese style eating area and asked to see the accomodation which was excellent, all in all had a blissfully chilled out day in wonderfully serene and immaculate surroundings. Will definately spend time there on our return to Goa in March. Was hoping nobody else had discovered it. Selfish i know! :oops: :lol: Lisa x
lisawithans- i thought i was the only one who knew about it too best keep it quiet :lol: . the only reason i know about it is because i no someone that lives near it and shes travelled around goa and likes to find random places like that.
:zip Sshh sam maybe nobody else has noticed our posts, 8) :twisted: too lovely a place to shout too loudly about. We were told about it by a lady staying at the same hotel as us. It a little haven of peace. Bye for now. :D Lisa.
whispers......presa da goa added to my word reference doc....thx...shhh!
:lol: :glynis 8) all top secret stuff spinner :wink: its beautiful. We were enquiring about staying there for our 2 weeks, prices very reasonable, and everything to a high standard. The only condition for using the hotel pool is that you spend a minimum of 250 rps (i think) on food or drink, which is a certainty you will do anyway. :D
Hi has anyone done the jungle and white water rafting trip with day trippers, would welcome any comments as considering doing this one on our next visit (two weeks and counting :) )
Hi all

Starting to get into serious planning mode now and would like some advice regards trips.
Specifically, trips that my 12 and 14 yr old lads would enjoy.
I liked the sound of the Jungle trip, When I told them about this they thought the idea of sleeping in a hut along with all the creepy crawlies sounded great. ( I haven't mentioned that part of the trip to the wife yet :D )

Any other particular trip suggestions ?

Thanks
Wilderness Rog :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.