Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Try googling Melo Tours, Daytripper or Johns Boat trips and you should find what your lookng for. Quite a few mentions of them on this site. Taxi drivers are also a cheap option for visits to the Spice Plantation and Ponda etc.

:wave:
Have just been looking at "Daytripper" web page, has anyone been on their Tiger & Tusker trip?
It looks good value for £80, but i would appreciate any feedback.

Regards, Julian
Julian

There were a couple of mentions in this post I started a while back

Click Here Trip Advice,

Looks like a great tip although a long train journey involved.

Cheers
Rog
Thanks Rog, seems pretty good... might give it a go. :D
Hi, Im off to Calangute Dec/Jan with my partner, its our first time in Goa, was wondering what trips are available and approx how much they are.

Thanks

merged with a thread which should help :D
  • Edited by Fiona 2008-10-24 10:08:28
    to merge with an existing thread
re: girlygirl's query. go to the spice plantation. if you ask the taxi drivers they'll tell you about it. it's an all day trip, though so go prepared. they have elephants that you can ride, and one who spends most of the time in the river. you can sit on it's back and it will spray you with water from a submerged boat which is constantly filled with clean water. take a change of underwear or a fresh bikini and a towel. The tour is extremely interesting and if you get the same guide we did you will find him very amusing. We started with the plantation tour, then the elephant in the river, and finished it off with an elephant ride. wonderful ! ! I really recommend it. :hols
Hi

we were thinking of going on jake the snakes boat trip when we go to goa in 5 days!! :D

has anyone been recently?? and does anyone know how much it will be now?? we are staying in calangute so can we sort it with taxi drivers or do we have to book direct??

Kelster

We went early 2008 January time. You can ask a local taxi driver to take you - agree a price with him for the journey there and back, he will wait for you whilst you are on the boat and bring you back.

We were surprised at how much the price had gone up since we first went back in about 2005 I'm almost sure we paid about 1200 rps each.
I know we were shocked at how expensive it was relative to other Goan prices.
Hi Skinny Minnie

Thanks for that, it must have gone up alot as most people on here are saying it was 500rps each so thats just abit more :really

was it still worth though i have never been on it before so i dont know

I seem to recall we paid 500rps the first time we went and that was why we were so shocked.

It depends on how lucky you are with seeing them. The first time ever we went we saw 14 crocs, a couple of them right up close. We didn't do so well on the second time only fleeting glimpses as they moved off the bank into the river. You are on the boat for 2-3 hours and if you go in the morning you go one way up the river, stop on the boat whilst you have a little bit of lunch and then turn round and come back.

Lots of birdlife .
Thank you I will see what my hubby wants to do cos its more than we were expecting it to be,

at least we got a heads up before we go!! ;)

Thanks
Hi everyone!
Although it is a bit late since the last post I thought I would give you a quick update on the price of Jake the Snakes crocodile trip. We did it in the middle of February and the price is rps 1200 per person which included a snack lunch and free soft drinks or beer. The trip lasted about 2 hours during which time we saw 8 crocodiles some fairly near and some in the distance, we also saw lots of different species of birds which were all pointed out to us by the very good guides on the boat. There was also one sleeping crocodile on the river bank which we were able to get within 10 feet of to take photos but I am not too sure whether it was really a live croc!!!!
The trip was really good and the scenery was wonderful. The guides were very helpful and attentive but I think it was rather overpriced when you consider you also have to add on the taxi fare from where you are staying.
Can anyone recommend any good beaches, day trips, excursion, etc. either by taxi, or organised, we shall be in Goa (Calangute) from the 22nd November to the 6th of December.
The Preacher
Hello Preacher.We went to Morjim from candolim cost 650rps taxi return.The beach is lovely and quiet plus theres some nice shacks for lunches nice walks too..
Cheers Sleep R Us we will give it a go.
Hello preacher take one of the little boat trips out to see the dolphins it will only cost you about 4 or 500 rupees ..
we will also be in Goa same time as you and might get to meet you at the meet up we will all tell you of some great tours you can go on .... http://www.daytrippergoa.com/ have a wee look on here it will give you an idea ......colleen
Hi Preacher, Got to say we haven't done any excursions for a long time so not sure of current prices but I would recommend the spice plantation and the water falls. Both can be done cheaper independently. You could also do the sunset cruise from Panjim, cheap, good fun and have a meal in Panjim afterwards.
Fizz
Cheers Colleen
We will try to make the meet on the 25th Nov,
The Preacher.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.