Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
best not hold your breath
Oh dear, I registered here hoping to get some advice about my recent complaining email to My Travel / Aspro Holidays. I wrote 4 weeks ago and have not had a reply. I was only asking for £7.50 compensation ( £2.50 per family member ) for something which was not acceptable during the flight. I won't hold my breath awaiting their reply.

cheers
After unsucessfully complaining to My Travel regarding a delayed plane, I was laughed at by one of the airport staff, not in a malicious way, but basically they said it would be easier to get blood out of a stone than to get any answers or compensation out of My Travel!!!
you have to keep on at them,i claimed for compensation against first choice, it took 8 months but i got there in the end, they do tend to make it difficult and they want you to give up, dont give them the satisfaction.

fizzxx
well i dont think we are going to get any thing from them
they wont get anything now AND where they staying in teh same Golden star apartmenst i di , as they seem to be totally different to what i remember , the staff reps and rooms were very good , the pool was a pool at a holdiay resort not a olmpic size on , and yes it was a substantial size and as for teh beach it was huge and very very long its called fig tree bay , so as i have satyed there and even thou I WAS MYT staff , and have been known to complain even thou i got teh hols throu standbys , i could not fault anything with the hotel at all and it was by far the best one i ever used for standby hols (about 15 in all) so sorry just reading it sorry IMHO sounds like someone complaining for complaining sake as they were not gonna enjoy the holiday after the delay and teh age of the aircraft they travelled ?????

or is this just me getting really fed up with teh compo culture >??????
its the fact we did not get the standard that we paid for
i know and believe me i am the first to complain , its just i cant see anyone complaiining about the golden star apartmenst at all , my job now and previousl with verious travel companies is to check and vet hotels , not in summer holiday resorts but cities and i have seen some shitholes in my time LOL , unfortunately sad as it may seem i tend to take my work on holiay with me and if somewhere is not up to scratch i go to the rep , which are normally next to useless and then the area manager who lets just say jump when i introduce myself and give them a business card , i have had to really slag a place of in fuerteventura as it was not acceptable for tourists and unfortunately teh company (which i no longer work for) seemed to pay no notice till i sent a report in , and then tehy sortd the hotel ,and put it on NO SALE

as i visited teh golden star and teh weather was absymal the hotel , the hotel pub were where everyone went and teh staff and the facilities were second to none , also all H AND S was first class (sad i know just checked ) also as it was February and most of Protataras was undergoing a revamp for teh sumer there were probs but teh hotel satff and in retrospet the reps were brillaint , this is why after speaking to people who were tehre with me and also freinds who have been i feel that the delay has caused teh person to ruin there own holiday , yes they should have received a bot more than £10 maybe that amt each or £50 which i thought but not sure is the starting price so to speak , in vouchers to start and then in cheque form ,

BUT this is deviating away from the fact that yes you want what you paid for but as i know the accomodation , and also there are at least 5 reps in teh vicinty of the hotel , also the welcome meeting is held in teh Pub called teh rising sun and when the reps hand out the leaflets etc on teh bus , its in there

anyway its a hotel i would definately visit again and i think this is the very first bad review i have seen about it

just my opinion honest
no we didnt get any leaflets on the bus.

Must have been something those weeks then because around 60 people complained of poor standard accomadation and some of those were not from the delayed flight
just had a thought was the complex run by these people http://www.yiannamarie.com/index.htm as i do know they have ahd a huge revamp and it may have been between when you viited and i went ,
so its probably better then now.
YES definately after what you said i couldnt see it being teh same place , the yiammi marie company seem to be very well respected and tehy certainly seemed to have changed a lot of teh hotel , the Golden Star was spotless and i must admit looked liek it may have been revamped not long before i got there and teh new hotel is very nice

as i said i wouldnt hesitate to use that hotel again just different months

believe me you wantto see a awful hotel go to teh infamous Oasis tropical in Fuerteventura
Long story short here, phoned Airtours today, queued for ages on 0870 and got cut off, head office refused to put me through direct saying she wasn't a switchboard, left it a while phoned head office back confirmed she was the telephonist, asked to be put through, again refused, till I gave her my name and said I was from the B.C.C snotty woman thought I said BBC, put me through to the press office where I got to speak to a person straight away. The girl there was wonderful and promised to get things moving on my complaint. (further details of that to follow) The moral is I suppose if you are the BCC :wink: or the BBC you get instant attention if your Joe Public you don't.
Lynn
good 1 silverpixie ill remember that next time lol
problem there is teh 0870 number was it the customer services number or was it reservations , if res number they are gonna be very busy this time of year and is very difficult to get through to , we have all sat in agents while they ring up and take ages , if its cust services again they may be busy

iringing head office of Mytravel is actually ringing teh totally wrong building and in teh wrong county so i can see why she would not put you throu , receptionist are told not to put anyone throu and really shoukd have tackled you on the nature of your call

think is you got put throu to teh press office and if its a complaint about airtours you may not get feed back as its teh wrong department and tehy will just email cust relations about the call if they remember , when i complained i went straight to teh head of customer relations for Mytravel , but that may be taht as a employee and also it was concerning a hotel taht had been complained about countless times that year it was beneficial to them , good luck i dont work for them any longer and work for a much better and a lot more successful travel operator throu my own decision
I dont like Airtours Customer Serivces one bit. Its terrible. But arnt they all these days. Except for Eclipse Direct who are always very nice and can be contacted through email or by live chat.
I totally agree with you and i think they are disgusting the way they treat people , i NEVER EVER said i worked for them when i was away as it would cause trouble for me , the one time i did in Fuerteventura i stepped in when the rep was so useless , even to the point that i asked a question and got a negative answer even thou i knew what i wanted (a ATM) was 100 metres away but the rep was useless , i then decided to introduce myself and she fell over backwards to help me , this disgusted me as we had tourists in tears getting no help and even wanting to go home 1 week early , they had rung MYT cust rel and got no joy at all and were told liek it or lump it , i decided that this was out of order and due to teh fact i had been having just as bad a time but only paid peants compared to others , decided to help out with a stewardess who was teher as well and suddenley that seemed to want to know them ,

they resort manager even said to one couple who wanted to go home that the plane was full and the only way to get home wasto dublin and then they had to pay extra to get to manchester , she didnt meation that at all teh canary island airports there is a BUCKET SHOP so to speak taht will sell seats on planes if they are not full , low and behold the flight was half empty and they had to pay a admin fee , this is the one time i admitted it and teh one time i complained to head office cust rel , tahkfully everything was sorted and they received some compo they deserved (i didnt ) BUT i stiil dont let on as apart from teh above the stress etc and spoiling my holiday , as its natural instinct to make a beline for someone like me if tehy get no joy from teh useless reps , but also due to what some colleagues have suffered when the price we pay has been mentioned on drunken nights it gets a ibit hostile especially if teh holiday is very very good
I emailed My Travel to ask them what happened to my return letter 2 years ago. They said they probably misplaced it and i could send another.

But its not worth it anymore.
and that is what they want you to think

But its not worth it anymore.

cant you get a name and email adress or fax?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.