Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
and you lose 12 hours of your holiday in Goa. We've had delays before as long as this and one even longer but mostly on the return and we were put up for 2 days in a hotel in Goa. Lets hope it doesn't go beyond 12 hours.
Feel sorry for you having such a delay, happened to us 2 years ago with another company we had 22 hour delay, and as we were only going for a week it really made a big difference.
Wouldn't be so bad being stranded in Goa!
Not too bad for us really, bit of a pain obviously, but at least we found out tonight rather than getting there tomorrow, looking forward to going then being told.
I feel sorry for the people who may have travelled a long way, from Scotland or somewhere, to then be told about the 12 hours delay.
That was the reason for putting this up so people could know they didn't have to rush about.
We'll just stay home and go to airport about midnight, just as we should have been landing in Goa. At least we've got 3 weeks, lot worse if you only have 1 week.

Barry
A gang of geordie girls were rejoicing at this news last night here in Baga - they get an extra day on the beach!!!
I have watched countless numbers of holiday programmes as im addicted to holidays :lol: , and if i remember rightly, a family got to the airport and were told about a delay, so they went home and came back, but were then told their flight had already gone, because they sorted out the situation, so the delay was shorter than anticipated.
Needless to say, people on check in weren't very sympathetic, they just told the family it was their job to keep an eye on the flight and delay times etc.
I agree with yummymummy, it's a big risk to take in case something like that happens!
I know what you mean Yummymummy, thought of that one whilst we were at the airport last night. The girl behind the desk gave me a card with a direct number on for the desk. Once it gets past Noon today I'll ring to check, then every couple of hours if need be. We're ready to go and only 15 mins away from Ringway, so hopefully no probs.
Barry
Good luck! Have a great holiday!
Cheers Lozza, will be great as usual when we get there. Just checked on website, still showing as departing 02.55
I'm sure you will be fine, like you said, your only 15mis from the ringway. but didn't you say your going to stay at home?
Yeah, still at home. Phoned a short while ago, no change and not going to be they said. But will keep my eye on it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.