Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Dig out the paperwork. If it says 20kg then that is what you have contracted with them.

fwh
Earlier this year we booked an Airtours package to Egypt for Feb 08 through our local Thomas Cook shop. I received a revised invoice this week with a new Thomas Cook reference number. On close inspection, whilst the total price was the same, there was no reference to the pre-booked seating and inflight meals we had paid for and we now appeared to have transfers which we had declined!

I rang Thomas Cook who said these items had accidently been left off the invoice when the info was being transferred in the system. She also quickly mentioned that the luggage allowance was 15Kg. I knew the original allowance was 20Kg as I had seen this on the Airtours website (but had no paperwork to prove this). I asked her to check this for me and she phoned back to say that they would honour the 20Kg so it is worth pursuing if this is important to you.

Cazz
TCX only do 15kg, with an upgrade tp 20kg at £25 pp.

My next flight to Tunisia in February is with Thomas Cook and I have 15 kg, with an option of an extra 5 kg for £25 which I've declined. However, on the TC site at present they are quoting the same flight £56 cheaper with £15 for the extra 5 kg. :roll: Believe me, I didn't set out to check prices again, but got an e-mail from Cheap Flights.
anyone know what the premair class baggage allowance is on the Florida route, when we booked with MY Travel it was 30kg but there was nothing on my invoice nor is there anything on my amended new invoice
I phoned DH this morning to enquire about my booking for next summer. My flight time is still the same,although on DH website it has chanced, my original flight is now on TC website. I still have baggage allowance of 20 kg, because i booked in August, and my frree in-flight meal is also included.
Thanks for that information Steve, I was wondering what might happen with regards the allowance. Hopefully mine will remain same as I booked in August also, will keep an eye on it though.
How do you tell what your original allowance was. We were originally flying form Glasgow to Florida on a Thursday with Mytravel airlines but they Thursday flights were cancelled so we transfered to a Saturday flight from Newcastle but flying with Monarch. We are booked with Direct Holidays and booked over the internet so only have a emailed invoice which does not show what allowance is.
Sorry managed to find the info I needed on the web site, should be 20 kg. Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.