Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I don't think the fact that there were no safes is a minor gripe! We are also going to the Nazri this season so where would you keep your passports, tickets and money etc - don't fancy carrying all our documents round with us. What did you do?
Goadreamer I know what you mean. I find it hard to understand how a hotel in this day and age doesn't have a safe which could effect insurance claims etc. It shocked me, but i know plenty of people who don't bother with safe's hence putting it as a minor gripe!

They said they were getting some, but never did. I would email them a week before you go and check they may have some by then.

We ended up just hiding stuff around the room, not the best idea i know.
regarding safes....we bought a Pacsafe travel safe after a lot of money was stolen from the safe in our room in Bali, they are around £21 (free p&p from Amazon) put all your bits in it and secure around a item (ie water pipe - metal grill over the window) worth it for peace of mind. They have a web site too)

(I have put this on jtownson first post of the season ;) report too!!!)

Trina
:tup
Hello Peeps,
We sent them a email yesterday after reading on there was none. they replied this morning saying the safes are now in the room.

:D
Pip
x
That is good news pip - we will be there in January and very concerned about the lack of a safe! I know there are some people who are there at the present hopefull we will find out in a couple of weeks if your reply from the Nazri is accurate :que
wonder what type of safes they are,electronic or key? we had a safe in the room at the phoenix park that was meant to be electronic but had been altered to a key operated one. we never had any problems with it and stayed there 2 years running but there are new reviews on another forum that says guests had money stolen from the safes. management said it was impossible as there are no master keys for the safes. at other hotels we have stayed in in goa they had safes at reception that needed 2 keys and you had to sign a log everytime you accessed the safe.
Although not in Goa we (and several others) had money stolen from the electronic safe in our rooms, after the act we found the centre panel can be pulled off and the safe opened by a "master" key, after that we obviously were very wary about leaving valuables in the safe. We purchased (from ebay) some tamper proof stickers, they reveal the word "void" if removed and cannot be re-stuck, these can be put over the removable part of the safe, so you know instantly if the panel has been tampered with.....even now we put our valuables in the Pacsafe safe and put that in an electronic safe.

Trina

PS just looked £3.99 (£1.00 p&p) for 50!!!
tina
that is worth putting on to the General holiday enquiries forum. Its a handy tip for everyone
We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Nazri and had a really good stay. Regarding the safes in rooms. We had one delivered to our room midway through our holiday but it was never fitted. We stored our valuables in suitcase and locked it, not ideal but no problems. The Nazri is in an excellent location with a bus stop right outside with regular buses to calungute. Our room was spacious with a view of the swimming pool. I understand it was a superior room and some guests had to pay a supplement but not us. We would rate the Nazri as one of the bettwer hotels we have stayed in in goa. It was very clean and the staff were friendly and aimed to please.
Thanks Yorkshire Traveller - that's good news, sounds like they are gradually getting more organised. On another site someone reported that there was some building work going on in block c - were you aware of anything?
Yes we were in c block and building work was going on in the room next to ours and most of the top floor rooms. It was very noisy round the pool with the building work but the banging distracted from the awful music playing. It started at 7.30am and continued for most of the day. On a good day it started a bit later and by the end of our holiday they had turned the sound down and aquired another cd so it wasnt quite so repetitive but the builders were still at work. It will be a really lovely hotel when it is finished. They are still finding their feet as to what guests want, I think. New things were arriving every day and the staff did their best to please.
Great info thanks - won't worry us too much, at least we will know what to expect.
Perhaps we should take some CDs for them to play while we :cheers and :sun2
:rofl Good idea Javlin just said the same to mike as i read it out :rofl xmas disc and some others will be packed
Pip
x
I'll definitely take some then - otherwise they are still likely to be playing Christmas music when we get there mid January :rofl :rofl
Don't know about you but by New years Eve I've had enough of it :really
What kind of music would you prefer to hear whilst chilling by the pool?
We take our ipods then we dont bother anybody with our music mind you we do look funny when our legs and feet are going :rofl and i have had to prod the o/h at times to shut up because he gets carried away singing along :rofl :yikes

Pip
x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.