Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Re: Nazri Info
99 Posts
Flights booked with Qatar so I am now looking to book the Nazri does anybody know who I could book this with independantly? and how much I should be looking to pay per night in jan/feb? I need 2 rooms for 22 nights so would I be able to barter?
Cheers
Bluemoon
Presume you picked up on the other thread but the cost is probably cheaper on the Monarch website than negotiating with the hotel.They are currently quoting £33.04 per room per night.
Thanks Dave , I need 2 rooms for 22 nights and I thought it may be possible to do a deal direct with the hotel but Monarch sounds good. :tup
bluemoon

I am sure you have done it before but I would definitely contact the hotel directly as I know I did in the past with Marinha Dourada and I got a great rate and did not have to pay upfront.

Let us know how you get on.
If you book via Monarch hotels you will have to pay now, or use a credit card to delay payment for a while. It adds 2.5% which, as I have good holiday insurance, isn't worth it to me.
Last year the Marinha Dourada were asking R3500, but if you haggled could possibly get it down to R3000. That's what they are probably asking now so it's a minimum of £43 per night. You need to get it down to R2300 to match Monarch's price which they no doubt negotiate by block booking lots of rooms then selling off their surplus. Last year, through Monarch I only paid £24 per night, annoyingly I paid £32 this year before the price dropped back to £28 ! With the rupee getting stronger year on year, Monarch are probably working on a deal agreed last winter.
I think the Nazri will be a similar position but be careful, they have two standards of room there , the new build and the old ones. I haven't seen them but reading reports there is a fair difference.
Of course, the beauty of going for 21 days and DIY is you can split your holiday and stay in two different places as we are doing if you so wish.
Have just had a reply from the Manager of the Nazri he wants $75 per night per room, I thought he would of done a deal :que
$75 =£47 ish.
As individuals we have nothing like the buying power of the big travel firms.The Monarch website is as good as you'll probably get. Tip...join topcashback.co.uk and go into Monarch through them and you'll get 5%( if I remember correctly) back too !
hi Bluemoon - we haggled over email with the Nazri last year and paid 2750 rupees per night. However the hotel only opened at the end of the previous season so they needed to establish themselves. It is a lovely hotel and in an excellent location.
Thanks for that Javelin, would you mind if I asked was that for a standard or deluxe room??
Have just had a reply from the Manager of the Nazri he wants $75 per night per room,

Just a thought, but for some of the prices quoted here you could rent an apartment, probably for less money. The Nazri has some apartments for rent through http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk.
Just a standard room bluemoon but it was absolutely fine - very spacious and comfy bed.
Monarch site price £721 for 22 nights at the Nazri, so I joined topcashback.co.uk for a 5% discount it directs you to the site and the total costs comes up at £770 somebody can't do their maths :rofl
Finally, booked the Nazri today direct with the manager, they are also doing airport transfers for us! :sun2 :cheers
Hope I get there this time :rofl
hi all, anyone booked this hotel diy? what price per night did you get?,thinking of going for ten nights in march along with brother and wife (their first time) so want a very good hotel ;) ,read peoples opinions of the hotel and sounds good.i know i can email them for a quote,but before doing that i wa s wanting to know a rough guide to what people hav e paid,regards les,also do all rooms have baths? and aircon,any advice would be most welcome :wave:
We booked direct last year for when we went in January. Paid 2,250 rupees per night. We bartered (pleaded) via email and that was the lowest we could get for a standard room.

I think we got a good price because it was new and bookings were still quite low. Terrific hotel in an ideal location and the standard rooms are excellent.

Hope that helps.
Why not try booking a package there are some good deals for the Nazri on the Cosmos site. We stayed there this year in March and loved it and would not hesitate to recommend it.

Let us know how you get on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.