Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
It is NOT Norweigan, as american as they come.

Onboard prices similar to RCI.

Off ship stuff much the same choices for excurtions and similar pricing.

The big difference is no set dining and more choice of places to eat, they call it freestyle.

Entertainment similar to RCI,

Cruise might be cheaper up front.

Tips are 12pppd

Suites have great perks.
Thanks Windjammer

As you are so good at picking up bargains would you say that £1250.00 is a fair price for 1 night in NYC then 7 nights Cruise (inside cabin mid deck) around Bahamas then 3 nights in NYC mid October next year? This is on the Jewel. Really would like a balcony cabin but think it will really bump up the price.

Cheers
Sounds a lot. but not looked at those particular cruises.

Looking at an equivilent trip this year to see what I could do it for booking today

I will pick the 7n 10oct-17Oct 2010 Jewel cruise ex NY
$549(inside) $879(balcony)
tax $129.76
$679 say £445

2011 Oct15 prices
NCL US cruise price $499(inside) $749(balcony)
Tax $137.44

Looking at Flights, say 9th and 20th OCt 2010
Virgin current sale £357

say £800 leaving around £450pp for 4 night hotels

Holiday inn(midtown/time square) with family and friends rate.
9th 1 night $270pn
17-20 3 nights $180pn
Say around $900 with tax and a taxi £588 so <£300pp.

I would focus on the hotels for reducing costs,

Flight hotel package through Virgin might work.

The above was a first stab without any searching just picked cruise flight hotel.

EDIT:
Just noticed there is sale on the Cruises for Nov that brings the cruise price down undr $399

I thnk if I was looking at next year I would pricup basedon booking in July(using todays prices for this year) and only book earlier if I could better these prices.
Cheers Windjammer, I booked it and got a better discount as I am a member of a club through my work that gave a 7% additional discount so went for the balcony having only ever had inside cabins on the 2 previous Cruises so I am a happy girl today.

Thanks again

Liz
You will enjoy the Gem. We have been on Voyager of Seas and also Norwegian Jade (Gem is similar, but newer). We are going on the Gem for 2 weks 25th September from Venice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.