Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi bobbentos, I have done a little bit of searching and come up with Karbel Hotel in Olu Deniz(have a look at the Hotel Review). Hopefully, other members will come on here with their recommendations.

Les
Not many apartments in Olu - mainly hotels but there are lots with adjacent/connecting rooms so you could sleep 5. There isn't a water park in Olu but there's one at Calis - maybe you would prefer to stay there?
Bobbentos i'm putting my head on the chopping block with this one, have a look at Panormos Hotel(B&B) in Altinkum. Dolmus run past this hotel all day going to the water park at Mavisehir. Another hotel in Altinkum which is right on the beach and again B&B is Sancar Kardia through Travel Republic. Kusadasi has the Aqua Fantasy Water Park a dolmus ride away from the resort, some where else for you to consider.

Les
After finding flights from Manchester on 31st July to 14th August for £280 pp we now must find accomodation. So, I rang Avios (ex airmiles) and asked them for prices. Here is what they came back with. What do you guys think of these?

Redeem 25,000 Avios
Cash £2654
14 nights (Departing 30th July)
2 Rooms
Flamingo Hotel

or...

Bed & Breakfast at the following Hotels:

Redeem 35,000 Avios
Cash £956
2 Rooms at Turk Hotel

Redeem 35,000 Avios
Cash £956
2 Rooms at Tulip Hotel

Redeem 35,000 Avios
Cash £956
2 Rooms at Majestik Hotel

Redeem 35,000 Avios
Cash £956
2 Rooms at Tower Hotel

Redeem 35,000 Avios
Cash £1138
2 Rooms at Magic Tulip Hotel

or...All inclusive as follows:

Redeem 35,000 Avios
Cash £2874
2 Rooms at Turquoise Hotel

Anybody have any thoughts on these please?
Viewed each Hotel individually and they all have some excellent reviews and all have at least one awful review. Am really stuck now...

Please someone recommend a busy hotel with lots of kids.

Thanks again all.
Dont suppose this will be much help to you, but in general you will always get one or two negative reviews amongst the good ones. If the majority of reviews are good then that is the best you can hope for.

Olu isn't a big place. so as long as you are not located halfway up the hill en route to Hisoranu which ever hotel you choose should be OK for getting to the main beach, the lagoon (many hotels run a free shuttle to sugar beach etc), and all the bars, shops & restaurants.

When you read the reviews did any of them mention things for kids to do, how large the pool is etc ?

Do you intend to redeem the 35,000 Avios against the hotel ? If so any money saved could be used to pay for activites, days out on boat trips that include food etc can be a bargain. There are many places in Olu to book things.

The time you are going there should be lots of kids & teens in Olu D for yours to make friends with if there aren't any organised activites at the actual hotel you choose.

Maybe you should go for the AI at the Turquoise or you could end up spending a fortune on food & drink if there are 5 of you for a fortnight, and you are on a strick budget.

Perhaps you should check the cost of the Turquoise on a few sites to make sure you are getting good value for your AVIOS. If it is the same price without AVIOS then save them for something else.

Did you ring AVIOS for the prices ?

Doe :sun2
Hi, the hotels you have mentioned are quite small hotels, and having stayed at a few of them they don't really have organised things for children like pool games ect.. Sometimes the staff organise a quick football game or such. The bigger hotels like Belcekiz beach, sun city, and olu deniz resort hotel which are all inclusive do have an entertainment team. If you can afford Belcekiz beach hotel it is excellent for children of your ages. The Karbel and Asena beach also have a bit of entertainment. Olu deniz is a lovely resort and very safe to wander around.
The boat trips from the beach are a good day out for the family with many swim stops, and the jeep safaris are great fun.
I am sure were ever you stay your whole family will have a great time, even though i say the hotels you mention are small i expect there will be other families around, all of them are nice hotels.
I am confused about your costings. Do you mean if you use Avios you can have the flights & accommodation for the Avios & amount that you have quoted? I know you have been looking at Olu Deniz, but you could probably get all you are looking for in Marmaris or Icmeler, both are busy, lively resorts with lots to do for families, and could work out cheaper than Olu. There are loads of apartments there, and you'd probably get a decent one for about £600 in total for 2 weeks. Marmaris and Icmeler are known to be cheaper resorts than Olu, loads of choice of places to eat and drink and be entertained, and with the exchange rate which is excellent should be good value for money. If you look on here in Hotel Reviews section, there are reviews for apartments as well.
I also have quite a lot of Avios and I've priced up a couple of trips with them, and sometimes it was dearer than not using them at all. Can't say I'm that impressed after they changed from Airmiles.
Hi

We are a family of 6 (4 kids aged 14, 12, 12 and 9). We've been to Turkey twice now and due to go back again for a third time in August.

For us All Inclusive is the only way to holiday with 4 children. Although it seems a lot of £ initially it actually isn't. We went to Club Izer Beach in Torba in 2010 and it cost us just over £4000, we did have 2 free child places but that works out at roughly £650 per person (£47 per night) and that was for a 2 week holiday with daytime flights. Eating out with 4 kids would be a nightmare especially when they get their meal and don't like it. They get drinks and leave them in the sun to go warm. In an all inclusive they have the freedom to eat lunch with their friends, get drinks when the want to without it costing you.

It wasn't a very busy resort but if your kids are like ours they had there own 'gang' by about the 3rd day.

We're paying a bit more this year as our eldest is now 14 and we only got one free child place but still paying about £70 per person, per night.

I know all inclusive isn't for everyone, but sc would honestly be my worst nightmare. I can see you need to use your vouchers so don't know if you can use them against a hotel?

Louise
Hi all

We eventually went to Hotel Turquoise in Olu Deniz. Far too much to write here. It was good. If anybody has any questions please pm me and ill answer you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.