UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
New Forest
6 Posts
I think your best idea would be to head first for the New Forest Visitors Centre, which is in Lyndhurst (just off the car park) they will have everything you need. There are all types of planned walks printed on leaflets. They are all varied, depending on distance etc. The staff are very helpful and you will find lots of leaflets on places of interest, depending on what interests you. You will probably find a few days is not enough! Have a great time.
:thanks jax. Lyndhurst is one of our stopping places so thats brilliant. Thanks sure we will enjoy it. Looks beautiful. Lisa.
best get a map or guide book for the walks/cycle rides. If you want something other than that...

there's Exbury Gardens, Beaulieu Motor Museum, Bucklers Hard (old boat-building village) and Lymington.

And if it pours with rain......most tourists come into the shopping malls in Southampton :wink:

Hope you have a great time.

PS be warned, Lyndhurst can get traffic jams at peak times :(
Try and make Lymington on Saturday morning. The street market is huge. While you're there, hop on the ferry across to the Isle of Wight. Lyndhurst itself is an excellent starting point for walking.
Thankyou both so much for the information, just the kind i was hoping to get. :wink: Its working out well as we are starting at Lyndhurst and our last night is a Friday night at Lymington. The BB owner there also told us about the huge market so we shall definately visit that.

Any one recommend some good pubs/ resturants that they have had some tasty meals in?

Its most definately not going to pour with rain Acorncup! :sun 8) all the way. :lol: Bye for now. Lisa.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.